Chapter 31

Thomas's P.O.V

I tried to run after her but lost her after awhile.
I have been looking for her for about two hours and I'm worried sick.
I'm a sick maniac and a rapist.

I looked everywhere for her but then I thought of somewhere, her old flat. I got there as fast as I could and look inside the whole house. Then I got to the bathroom. The door was locked and my heart rate began to speed up. I broke the door down and my heart broke at the same time.

There she was, laying in a bathtub filled with water and blood. Pale and lifeless.
I knew it was over.
I ran over to her and hugged her as tight as possible crying as hard as I could.
"I did this to you." I told her.
"I'm so sorry."
"Please forgive me Madison."

I called the ambulance which was useless and waited for the obvious bad news.

_________________

Madison died on the 23rd of January, she was the best thing that had happened to me but I took her for granted.

Today was her funeral. No one attended but me and Tamy our dog.
I sat next to her new grave and sang to her. The song she clutched on too so tightly.
The song she wrote to prevent something she did.
Her suicide prevention song.

"Hey love," I said everyday as I visited her grave "Tamy and I miss you and I'm so sorry."

A few weeks after her death, someone knocked on my door.

"Mr.Thomas Winterson?"
"That's me."I said numbly.
That's what I've been since her death. Numb.
"We've got something for you." He said handing me a piece of paper.
I thanked him and he left so I went to sit on the couch and started to read what I later found out was Madison's final note.