"This is seriously not funny."

Lauren was excited. It was her day to choose the activity and she was planning on spending the entire day at the beach. She and Camila had gone parasailing that morning and they went to lunch before learning how to surf that afternoon. Lauren smiled to her wife as they got back to shore. She stood up and looked at the woman, "See? Wasn't this fun?" She asked as she shook her head to dry her hair some.

Camila laughed as she pushed herself up off of the board when they got to shore. She couldn't believe how much fun she'd actually had that day. "It was fun... I'm just glad neither of us got hurt... mainly me because I'm not as athletic as you." She chuckled some and picked up the board to walk across the sand with her wife.

Lauren smiled at Camila as she picked up her board. She stood there for a moment admiring her wife as she stood up. Lauren looked at the woman and chuckled, "No, but at least here the water breaks your fall and not the snow covered ground." She said as she they headed away from the water. 

Camila stayed close to her as they took their time to get to the rental shack. "We can hit up someplace on the by the beach for dinner after we get out of these wetsuits."

Lauren smiled and nodded as she looked at the woman, "I want to shower first if that's okay?" She asked as they walked past people sunbathing.

Camila shook her head some as she laughed. "They have those open showers in the changing area. That'll be perfect to get the sand off before we head over to find a restaurant." Camila leaned in a little bit closer to her wife and leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Thank you... for today, for all of this." She smiled to her and looked ahead again as they walked.

Lauren continued to walk along side her wife as she trudged through the sand. She smiled softly as the woman kissed her cheek. "It's my pleasure, baby. I had a lot of fun." Lauren said as they got to the stairs. 

Camila couldn't believe how amazing this entire trip was turning out and they still had two more days before heading home. She knew she wanted to get some more scenery in before they left and figured that would be best to do their last day since it would be relaxing.

Lauren took the first step up the stairs and started to speak, "I told you that you had nothing to worry about with getting hurt." She said as she took the next step.

Camila rolled her eyes. "You can't blame me for being worried though." She hung back for a moment as Lauren started up the steps. 

As Lauren took the next step her foot slipped and she fell into the wooden stairs. Lauren felt her arm hit and heard a snap followed by excruciating pain. "Holy fucking hell. Ow!" She nearly screamed as she laid, back on the sand, cradling her wrist.

The moment Camila saw her wife fall and heard the scream, her stomach dropped. "Lauren..." She dropped her board to the sand and rushed to her wife. She knelt down beside her and rested her hand gently on her shoulder as an employee from the rental shack came out to see what was happening then dipped back inside to call for a medic. "Hey... hey take a breath." She whispered to her. Camila gently rested her hand on her wife's arm to try to calm her down.

Lauren held her wrist to her chest as she tried to not scream. She felt her wife come to her side as she sat up and looked at her pathetically...silent tears falling down her face. "My wrist. It fucking hurts." She said as her face scrunched up in pain. She took a deep breath as she tried to calm down. "I think it's a Colles fracture. We need to go to the hospital before the swelling gets out of control." She said as she leaned against her wife for support. Going through medical school definitely helped her in this situation...she knew exactly what was wrong with her by just looking at the way her hand was tilting upward, but now it was about getting transportation to the hospital because they had walked to the beach.