"It's okay to be freaking out, I am, too."

Camila felt miserable. Her back was killing her and she just wanted to be in bed, but she needed to attend her doctor's appointment. Camila leaned her head onto Lauren's shoulder and closed her eyes for a moment.

Lauren sat beside her wife as they wait for the nurse to come and get them. They needed a check up on the baby. She held her wife's hand as she watched the look of worry on Camila's face.

They hadn't been able to figure out the sex of the baby yet because he or she wasn't cooperating...but more importantly, Lauren knew Camila was worried about her size. It astonished her that Camila was the size of a woman nearly 9 months along when she was only 6 months.

"Camila?" The nurse called out.

Both Lauren and Camila looked up. Lauren stood up to help her wife up before walking side by side, stopping along the way to do the standard check up for Camila.

Lauren waited as her wife came out of the bathroom and stepped on the scale. She briefly saw the number as he wife was climbing off. 

Camila frowned as she looked at the scale for her weight. She was definitely at what she was when she was 9 months and about to have the other kids. Camila looked to her wife and sighed before walking into the room. "Help me up?" She reached for Lauren's hand before using the step stool to get up onto the table easier. 

"Of course, love." Lauren said as she helped Camila get on to the exam table. She reached over to pull the chair closer so she could be by her wife's side. 

"How are you feeling, Camila?" The nurse asked as she got the woman's blood pressure.

"I feel like crap. Why am I getting so big? I don't eat any differently than I did with our other three kids." She leaned back and closed her eyes, hoping the appointment would be quick so she could go home and climb back into bed.

Lauren frowned as she rested her head on her wife's arm, lacing her fingers with Camila's. "There's got to be an explanation." She said to the nurse as she watched the woman do her job.

"Well, you'll have to ask the doctor when he comes in for the ultrasound. He might have an answer for you." Camila nodded some before trying to get comfortable on the table. She could feel her body relaxing some just as the doctor came in.

"Hello, Camila." The man said politely as he looked over the notes from the nurse. "Your blood pressure is up, as is your heart rate."

Camila sighed, "I'm hurting and I feel miserable." She explained to him as he got the machine ready.

"Please do something to help her." Lauren pleaded with the doctor. She didnt like when her wife was hurting and she was out of things she could do to help. Lauren gently rested her hand on Camila's arm and gently brushed her fingers along Camila's skin.

"Let me start off by getting a good view of your little one and we'll go from there." The doctor said as he turned on the ultrasound machine.

Camila nodded and reached down to lift her shirt up to give him space to get to her stomach. She shifted again on the table and watched him get the gel onto her stomach then grab the wand. Camila watched him as his brows furrowed slightly while he looked at the monitor. "Is something wrong?" She immediately asked when she saw the look on his face.

The doctor slowly smiled and turned up the speakers on the machine. "I see why you're getting so big." He explained.

The room was filled with what seemed like a steady noise of hearts beating. "What is that?" Camila asked. The doctor turned the monitor toward them and Camila felt her heart flutter as she looked at the image.