~9~

"Ughh," I groaned, slightly stirring in my bed, attempting to fall back asleep again trying to finish my dream. The more I concentrated on what was happening, the more I forgot the dream.

"Noo..." I growled wishing I could recall my dream, but to no avail. I decided I should get up, for it was no use trying to fall back asleep again. I slept even better tonight, maybe I was just so tired, and I didn't have as much on my mind.

I suddenly remembered my first morning, how the sun shone through the window drapes, and the landscape artwork on the walls stood proudly, but something seemed off. The room was darker, and the paintings were a different style, and there were two sets of doors across from me, and not to mention the bed was larger, and had more intriguing designs throughout the headboard and foot rest. This isn't right... I said to myself, too stunned to move.

I looked to my left, noticing another feature I didn't note beforehand. A grand armrest chair of the name I did not know was fixed by the corner of the room, at most five paces from the bed. It wasn't so much the discovery of the chair, but what was inside the chair that surprised me.

"Gah!" I shouted louder than expected as my arm slipped off the bed, sending me tumbling to the floor. I hit my head on a dresser causing me to yell out in pain. I clutched my head in my hands, clumped on the floor in pain. That's gonna leave a bruise... I thought amidst all my troubles.

I heard movement across the room, the sound of someone swiftly jumping to their feet. "(Y/N)?!" I heard the voice yell. The figure ran around the king sized bed and was my By side in a matter of seconds.

"My dear! I'm so sorry! what happened!?" Adrian asked with a worried expression. I suddenly became very sheepish due to the distance between us, he was just a breath away. He reached out gently to cradle my head, but I jerked backwards. He looked disappointed and slightly angry that I had moved away from his touch so suddenly, so I spoke quickly to break the unwanted tension.

"I-Its nothing, I was just surprised, you startled me and I fell, that's all," I insisted. He opened his mouth to speak, but hesitated, so I quickly added something to clarify. "I was just shocked to see you in my room is all..."

"But (Y/N), this is my room," he stated looking confused. Well now that makes sense... "I was looking for you everywhere, for it was past curfew and you were no where in sight, but when I returned to my room you were in my bed," he explained cutting off my thoughts. "At first I thought that it meant you were finally accepting the fact that we are going to be wed, and you would finally share the room with me, but I know you well enough to know that wasn't the case," he continued. "I know it will take some time for you to get used to this new life, but I'm willing to be patient for you. I slept on the chair because I didn't want to wake you, but I apologize for startling you my love."

"It's fine..." I assured rubbing my head. Adrian stood up, offering me his hand, which I gladly received as he helped me to my feet. I held onto my head with my hand, massaging it slightly. "Your head! (Y/N), I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed with sorrow. "I'll be ok, I'll just have a headache for a while," I responded. "But you're in pain, I'll bring up the doctor, he can hel-"

"I said I'm fine, Adrian. I'll be ok. Don't worry about me," I reassured yet again. His face looked stern, yet worried at the same time, and it was becoming impossible to read his expression.

At this point I began to wonder something about the prince that I couldn't quite put my finger on. He seemed nice, and gentlemanly, but his personality was so reserved. It was almost as if he were hiding his emotions, and that was stopping him from saying, rather, doing something that might cause suspicion. I just caught a glimpse of him biting his cheek, to refrain him from saying something.