♚17 ♚

HEY IM BECK FROM THE GRAVE! Sorry I'm a 14 year old smol child who is struggling with life and it's difficult keeping up with writing, oh yeah and Wattys that's cool :D prolly won't win but ITS WORTH A SHOT! What am I even saying anyways ON WITH THE PLOOOT!

    "Come in!" I raided my voice so suddenly I had startled myself. The door opened smoothly (by a servant) and in peered Adrian. I grew stiff at the sight of him, uncomfortable from the events in my dream. Even though they never happened, it felt so real...

    "(Y/N), dear, how happy I am to see you," he sighed with relief.

    "And I you." I pushed away the thoughts of the dream. "What brings you here?"

    "I'm assuming you've heard the news with how fast it travels in the castle walls," the young prince implied.

    "Yes... I've heard things... is it true? Did she really take her own life?" I asked, though for some reason I didn't believe the story.

    "Yes, it's true... she leapt from the balcony late last night. This is why no one should put themselves in danger by leaving the safety of the walls, I couldn't possibly imagine if it was you out-... No, that would never happen."

    "Wait... what?" I paused, suddenly very confused. If there's such tight security throughout these halls, then how on earth did she even get outside of the castle?

"How devestating..." I answered sorrowfully. "Though I am curious, how did she manage to get out there in the first place? I thought no one was allowed out onto the terrace."

     "You're correct, it is one of my most pressing concerns, I'm not sure who gave her access beyond those doors, but I will find out who did," he answered immediately. I'm not sure why, but what he said felt sincere to me, making me feel as if the nightmare I had wasn't valid to the circumstance at all anymore.

    "Well, I do hope you find out soon..."

    "As do I. Though now it is time for your class in the dining room, I shall send a servant soon to escort you," he changed the subject.

    "Wait, what? Now...?" I retorted, confused.

    "Why yes, is something wrong?"

    "Well, er, pardon me for disagreeing, but someone just... died, and I'm just being sent to a class as though everything is normal?" I asked, slightly snapping. It wasn't until I saw Adrian slightly tick when I began to regret lashing out. His demeanor slightly shifted making the aura of the room uncomfortable.

    "I can assure you, everything is completely fine now. You are safe inside the castle. Though after the rumors I've heard throughout the castle, this state of confusion could bring upcoming havoc. I do fear it may involve someone who wants to ruin our future together, and I will not let that happen. If there's one thing, it's that I promise no one will come between us," He stated darkly.

"So! That's why I say the sooner the better you become qualified to wed! I will leave you be for now, as I go to observe other matters around these walls," he said cheerily, completely bipolar to his previous words. He stepped closer before pulling me into a warm embrace. "Stay safe my dear, I love you," he spoke softly before planting a kiss on my forehead. I could feel his hesitance to let go, but eventually he did, smiled sweetly, and left the room, the door closing behind him.

"I shook my head, pulling myself from the somewhat hypnotizing trance I was temporarily under. Well that was... nice...

Once again I heard a knock on the door, and I suddenly remembered the cotillion.