♚ 18 ♚

Got lots of ideas for these next few chapters, just trying my hardest to put my ideas into writing, thank you for your patience!! Also another reason it's taking me so long is drama, as in the class, it takes up almost all my time. Is anyone else in drama? Or at least shares the same love for musical theatre because if so we need to be friends ASAP.

Also I got the inspiration for this entire scene from The Cat Returns by Studio Ghibli, specifically the dance to "Waltz "Katzen Blut," but that's probably just gibberish to you. Whelp that's the song if you were wondering xD

ALSO PLEASE GO FOLLOW flamesparrow SHE IS SUPER AMAZING AND SUCH A TALENTED WRITER

"Care to dance with me?~"

    I froze a moment, so relieved that the dream from before didn't play out. I hesitated, but I knew I wouldn't refuse, it was impossible not to accept. I forced myself to walk forward and I sheepishly grabbed his hand. He swiftly pulled me closer, guiding my left hand to resting on top of his shoulder. He then placed a hand on my waist, and held out my other hand with his hand. He's... so warm, yet chilling, it must just be because we're outside...

I looked up from my daze that only lasted a few seconds to see his piercing emerald eyes meeting mine. A wide smile spread across his face. I looked down, my face flushing with heat.

"I, uhm, I'm sorry but I don't know how to dance..." I admitted. His smile softened. Showing sympathy.

"It's alright, I'll lead you," he said sweetly, "Keep your posture straight and let me guide you."

    He began to slowly pull me forward, so I looked down at his feet to attempt and follow his pattern. "Here, your left foot comes forward, and then you slide over to the right, and then your right..." After a few minutes of clumsily following his directions, I started picking up the steps. Hey, I'm getting the hang of it!

    "See! You're a natural, you were practically born a princess," he complimented. "heh, I don't know about that," I shyly denied.

    "Hmm, well to me you are, you're my princess."

     I didn't respond, but we kept on dancing through the night. His movements were fluid, yet unpredictable, sometimes I'd have to catch myself because I began losing focus, but I was really just dazing off in the pure bliss. After a moment, it felt as though we were gliding, floating even. With every step I felt more weightless.

    I can't believe this, this is... really nice, I could even get used to this feeling... I thought to myself

    Lost in my thoughts, I hardly noticed that we had slowed down drastically, into more of a slow, swaying motion. I subconsciously rested my head on his chest; he was just tall enough to where his chin was resting on top of my head. We stayed this way a while, just enjoying the silence, though I could faintly hear his even breaths, and his beating heart.

This isn't so bad...

"(Y/N)?" He spoke in a such a soft voice that it almost sounded like a whisper.

"Yes Adrian?" I perked my head up to meet his eyes. It was at that moment that everything seemed to stop moving entirely.

He stopped dancing and I looked at him confused. He leaned in dangerously close. I didn't know what was going to happen next. My breathing became heavier as he looked at my lips.

"God you are so beautiful" he smiled.

Without another thought he leans down and kisses me softly yet passionately.

All my thoughts fade away as he continues to take away my first kiss. He keeps it slow but it still makes my heart beat faster. After a bit he pulls away and we just stare into each other's eyes for what feels like forever. Then all my thoughts came rushing back into my mind.

OH. MY. GOOOOOD.

"W- What was that?!" I gasped feeling the heat rush to my face.

"It was a kiss," Adrian chuckled at my flustered expression.

"Well I know it was a kiss bu-but-" I stuttered unsure of how to respond. That was my first kiss... I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help myself... did I make you uncomfortable?"

"No No! It's not that I didn't like it, I mean... I did like it-" I cut myself off. Why did I just say that?! He chuckled once again in amusement which made my face explode even more in embarrassment.

"Is that so?" He smiled sweetly, yet with a hint of devious intentions. "Well I'm glad you agree."

I quickly glanced down unable to meet his gaze, stepping back. "I-It was nice dancing with you this evening! But it has become very late! I should uh- get bed to going! I'll you see in the morning! Night good!" I said jumbling my words as I awkwardly bowed. "Oh uh, I mean, Goodnight!"

I ran inside swiftly to avoid the awkward tension. Without looking back I scurried through the halls to my room, still not quite comprehending what had just happened. I raced for the door and shut it behind me. I leaned back against the door, replaying the events that just happened in my head over and over.

"what was that? Was that me, was that him? Did a prince, really kiss me?" I thought aloud. "And did I kiss him back?"

Why is my heart beating so fast? I've, never felt this way before... I never excepted something like this to happen to me.... I've never been the type to wear my heart on my sleeve.... could this possibly be what love feels like?

I collapsed on the bed, clutching my heart. Did... that really just happen?

    I couldn't stop thinking about Adrian, and little did I know the similar dreams I would soon have through the night.

Owowowo sorry it took so long for this chapter I literally had to ask several people about advice for a kiss scene Bc I am an uNEXpEriEnCeD BeAn.

Thanks for your patience!