Chapter One

Things back home were never going to be the same again.

Things have changed too much.

Her family had changed too much.

Bella had changed too much.

For Bella Swan, life was not ordinary. Sure, she looked like an ordinary 12-year-old girl ( she just celebrated her 12th birthday) who had long, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, but for Bella Swan, she was far from ordinary. 

She was, in fact, a witch.

A witch who had just spent the previous year at a school called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A place where children like her go and learn magic and all its different uses. While she was there, she made friends, passed her tests, and helped stop someone very bad from getting something important. 

She had stopped Voldemort, the most darkest, the most evilest wizard of all time from getting the Philosopher's Stone. The one thing that can help him rise to power. She didn't do it alone though, she did it with one of her best friends.

As the new school year fastly approaches, Bella thought she would be spending time with her family and having a good laugh. Instead, she had been pushed aside like she didn't matter all because they weren't her real parents and they had a baby of their own. 

Charlie and Renee divorced when Bella was young and Renee had moved on to someone called Phill. But, whilst Bella was away at school, Charlie and Renee had fallen back in love and Renee left Phill for Charlie. They re-married not long after and Renee fell pregnant with their son, Kyle, not long after. The shock of her parents having another baby didn't have time to sink into her mind before they told Bella that they weren't her true parents. She remembers it like it was yesterday. 

*** FLASHBACK, NEARLY 1 YEAR AGO*****

Bella stood in King's Cross Station frozen to her spot, her eyes on the baby in her mother's arms. Without breaking her gaze from the bundle, she slowly walked forward until she was stood in front of them. 

Renee smiled a sad smile. "Hi, Bella...how was school?" Bella nodded, not saying anything, she was too busy looking at the sleeping baby. Renee noticed. "Er..yeah... we have a lot to talk about"

"No kidding," Bella managed to breathe out. 

Charlie grabs Bella's trunk and made a move to grab Hetty, Bella's owl, but Bella moved her out of the way before he could. Understanding that she wanted to carry her pet herself, Charlie nodded and led the way out of the station and into the carpark where the car was parked. Bella watched as Renee lovingly placed the baby boy into his car seat causing him to stir a little before falling back asleep. Gulping, she climbed in next to him, placed Hetty in the middle, and shut the door behind her.

The car ride home was silent, Bella had many questions she wanted answers to, but whenever she opened her mouth to speak, no words came out. The baby stayed asleep the whole ride home and Bella noticed how he looks like Charlie, but Renee was in his face. This made Bella's mind wander back to what Voldemort had said...were these people her true parents? Because she looked nothing like them.

They reached the hotel in silence and Bella jumped out after grabbing her owl and dashed inside. She had to wait for her parents to come in so she would know where they were staying, and as soon as they reached the room, the questions started. 

"What's going on?"

"What aren't you telling me?"

"Who's he?"

"What have I missed?"

Charlie set the baby in the crib and faced her. "There's no easy way to say this but..." he glanced at Renee.

"We're not your true parents"

Surprisingly, this didn't hurt Bella like she expected it to. She actually felt angry. 

"So you've been lying to me my whole life? Making me believe that I'm wanted? That I'm loved? Did you even love me? Wait...obviously you didn't since as soon as I go off to school you replace me!"

Renee looked shocked. 

"Bella! Of course, we love you! We just didn't want to hurt you!"

"We were helping out a friend..."

Bella scoffed. "I don't care. I won't be a bother.... you won't even know I'm here"

And with that, she stormed into the bathroom.

***** END OF FLASHBACK******

Bella stayed true to her word and now, Charlie and Renee don't even speak to her. She sat in the garden near the fence and sighed, wrapping her arms closer to her body as she looked up towards the house. She would be leaving for the Burrow in a few minutes, and Charlie and Renee hadn't even come to say goodbye. 

Mr Weasley, her friend Ron Weasley's father, appeared and held out his arm. Bella sighed, looked back at the house, and took his arm before she, and her things vanished from sight. 

Yes, she was different and life for her was strange. 

But, it's only going to get stranger.