Chapter Two

A/n 

This book will be written from Bella's perspective unless I say otherwise. Hope you enjoy the second book to my series :) 

***********

I landed with my arm linked with Mr Weasley at our destination with a 'pop'. Letting go of his arm I sucked air into my needy lungs, during the trip, it felt as though my body was being squished together cutting off my air supply. 

"What was that?" I gasped out, hunched over so my hands were touching my knees. 

"Something that you shouldn't know about or do because you're too young...so don't tell anyone"

I nod and look around me, a smile making its way onto my face and all my previous thoughts over the summer vanished. I'm at Ron's house...the burrow...Charlie and Renee can't reach me here. The burrow looked as though it had once been a stone pigsty, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several storeys high and so crooked it looked as though it was held up by magic (which, I reminded myself, it probably was). Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof. A lopsided sing stuck in the ground near the entrance read 'The Burrow'. Round the front door lay a jumble of wellington boots and a very rusty cauldron. Several fat brown chickens were pecking their way around the yard. 

"Wow..."

Mr Weasley starts walking towards the house. "Ron inside waiting for you - we're still waiting on Harry"

I nod again and follow after him. The door opened into a small and rather cramped kitchen. There was a scrubbed wooden table and chairs in the middle and Mr Weasley gestured for me to sit down so I did, I sat on the edge of the chair and looked around, my eyes taking everything in.

The clock on the wall opposite me had only one hand and no numbers at all. Written around the edge were things like 'Time to make tea,' 'Time to feed the chickens,' and 'You're late'. Books were stacked three deep on the mantlepiece, books with titles like Charm Your Own Cheese, Enchantment in Baking and One Minute Feasts - It's Magic! And unless my ears were deceiving me, the old radio next to the sink had just announced that coming up was 'Witching Hour, with the popular singing sorceress, Celestina Warbeck.'

Mrs Weasley, a short, plump, kind-faced woman, wearing a flowered apron, came into the kitchen and spotted me. 

"Oh hello dear!"

I smiled. "Hello, Mrs Weasley"

"Call me Molly dear," She returned the smile. "Has Ron seen you yet?"

"Not yet, I just arrived," I said

"That's no excuse," she took a deep breath. "RONALD! BELLA'S HERE! GET DOWN HERE!"

I heard a thump and a bang and a 'bloody hell' before Ron shouted, "COMING MUM!"

Molly offered to make me some tea which I accepted and I stood up to help her but she pushed me away. Hetty hooted from her cage so after asking to see if it was okay, I let her out to hunt. A few minutes later, Ron came running down the stairs and stopped in front of me. He hadn't changed much, he still had the round face, ginger hair and freckles, he does look a bit taller though. 

"Bella!" he smiled. "Have you heard from Harry?"

"Oh, hi Ron, yes I'm fine thanks, how are you?" I say sarcastically.

He blushed. "Sorry..."

"It's fine," I chuckle. "And to answer your question, no I haven't heard from Harry. I've written to him all summer but haven't got a reply"