Chapter Twelve

Sorry for the long wait!

*********

"I don't believe it!" hissed Wood in outrage. "I booked the pitch today! We'll see about this!"

"Well," I say pursing my lips, "this is going to end well..."

Wood shot towards the ground, landing harder than he meant to in his anger, staggering slightly as he dismounted. Harry and Fred followed after him, George had to grab my arm and force me down, I was frowning the whole time.

"Flint!" Bellowed Wood at the Slytherin captain. "This is our practice time! We go up specially! You can clear off now!"

Orrr they can stay and we can all get food...damn my stomach hurts from rumbling. 

Marcus Flint was even larger than Wood. He had a look of trollish cunning on his face as he replied, "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood"

"With the size of you...I doubt it," I snickered and Harry held back a laugh, he gently nudged me making me chuckle.

"Shut it!" Flint hissed, his eyes blazing. 

Angelina, Alicia and Katie came over then, with smirks on their faces. There were no girls on the Slytherin team - who stood shoulder to shoulder, facing us, leering to a man. 

"Why? Because you know I'm right?" I smile.

"But I booked the pitch!" Wood hissed, ignoring me. He was furious. "I booked it!"

"Ah," Flint said after shooting me a glare, "but I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape -" damn that greasy haired freak! "-I Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch  pitch, owing to the need to train their new Seeker"

"You've got a new Seeker?" I asked. "Where?"

And from behind the large figures before us came a smaller boy, smirking all over his pale, pointed face. It was Draco Malfoy. 

I groaned and Harry paled. "You have got to be kidding me...it's ferrite face with daddy issues!"

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoys son?" Fred asking, looking at Malfoy with dislike. 

"More like the spawn of Satan..." I grumbled and George laughed.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," said Flint, not hearing what I just said as the whole Slytherin team smiled more broadly. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team"

The whole team held out their new broomsticks. They all had highly polished, brand -new handles and fine gold lettering spelling the words 'Nimbus Two Thousand and One'. 

"Very latest model. Only came out last month," Flint said carelessly, flicking a speck of dust from the end of his own. "I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps," he smiled nastily at Fred and George, who were both clutching Cleansweep Fives, I clenched my fists, "sweeps the board with them"

"So you got an upgrade...so what? I doubt they will change how crap you play" I sneer. 

Malfoy glared at me and I returned the favour. Try me, boy. 

"Oh look," Flint said, after glaring at me. It seems like that's all he can do today. "A pitch invasion"

I looked behind me. Ron and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was going on. 

"What's happening?" Ron asked us. "Why aren't you playing and what's he doing here?"

He was looking at Malfoy, taking in his Slytherin Quidditch robes.