Chapter Twenty Two

Getting Harry up to the Hospital Wing was hard work. Ron kept staring at his arm, Hermione kept muttering disapprovingly and Harry kept messing around with his arm. He kept on lifting it up in the air with his good arm only to drop it back down again so it flopped at his side. Then, when we finally reached the Hospital Wing and told Madam Pomfrey what had happened, she wasn't at all pleased.

"You should have come straight to me!" she raged, holding up the sad, remainder of Harry's arm. "I can mend bones in a second - but growing them back-"

"You will be able to, won't you?" Harry asked desperately, reaching his good arm out and grabbing my hand. I gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful," Madam Pomfrey said grimly, throwing Harry a pair of pyjamas. "You'll have to stay the night..."

I kissed Harry's head and waited outside the curtain drawn around Harry's bed with Hermione whilst Ron helped him into his pyjamas. 

"How can you stick up for Lockhart now, Hermione, eh?" Ron called through the curtain and I chuckled as Hermione rolled her eyes. "If Harry had wanted de-boning he would have asked"

"Anyone can make a mistake," Hermione said and I gaped at her. "And it doesn't hurt anymore, does it, Harry?"

"No," Harry said. "But it doesn't do anything else, either"

I laughed. "Yeah, Lockhart is a fraud and doesn't know what he's doing. One day, you'll see it and you'll be running to me screaming about how right I am"

As soon as we heard the bed creak, me, Hermione and Madam Pomfrey came around the curtain. I saw Harry's arm flapped off the bed pointlessly and frowned. He tried to give me a reassuring smile but I didn't believe it, I walked up to him and grabbed his good hand again. It was then I noticed that Madam Pomfrey was holding a large bottle of something labelled 'Skele-Grow.'

"You're in for a rough night," she said, pouring out a steaming beakerful and handing it to him. "Regrowing bones is a nasty business"

Judging by Harry's face, so was taking the Skele-Gro. He coughed and spluttered making me frown, damn, he's defiantly not in for a fun night. I patted his back as Madam Pomfrey muttered about dangerous sports and inept teachers. She retreated leaving me, Ron, and Hermione to help Harry gulp down some water.

"We won, though," Ron said, a grin breaking across his face. "That was some catch you made. Malfoy's face...he looked ready to kill!"

"I want to know how he fixed that Bludger," I said darkly

"We can add that to the list of questions we'll ask him when we've taken the Polyjuice Potion," Harry said, sinking back onto his pillows. "I hope it tastes better than this stuff..."

"If it's got bits of Slytherins in it? You've got to be joking," Ron said and I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Yep," I say, "it's gonna taste like crap."

Just then, the door of the Hospital Wing burst open and filthy and soaking wet, the rest of the Gryffindor team had arrived to see Harry.

"Unbelievable flying, Harry," George said. "I've just seen Marcus Flint yelling at Malfoy. Something about having the Snitch on top of his head and not noticing. Malfoy didn't seem too happy"

I grinned. Ha! See! Malfoy is a dumb ass!

To Harry's delight, they had brought cakes, sweets and bottles of pumpkin juice. We gathered around Harry's bed and were just getting started on what promised to be a good party when Madam Pomfrey came storming over, shouting, "This boy needs rest, he's got thirty-three bones to regrow! Out! OUT!"