Chapter Thirty-Five

Whilst the dwarf was still sitting on Harry's legs and the crowd was still laughing at the song, I snuck away and leaned against the wall with Ginny in my sight. How dare that bitch write a song for Harry! Was I jealous? YES! I've liked Harry since the first year and she comes along and tries to steal him from me, not going to happen!

I pull my wand out of my robe, make sure no one is looking, point it at Ginny and whisper: "Jelly-Legs Jinx"

The curse hit her and Ginny's legs shook and trembled uncontrollably. She shrieked before falling to the floor, her legs stuck up in the air shaking violently. I put my wand away and act like I'm watching Harry as the first-years around her panicked and rushed her to the Hospital Wing. It was a funny sight.

Bella - 1

Ginny - 0

Harry scrambled to his feet as Percy did his best to disperse the crowd, some of whom were crying with mirth. 

"Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now," Percy said, shooting some of the younger students away. "And you, Malfoy"

I glanced over at the same time as Harry and saw Malfoy stoop and snatch something. Leering, he showed it to Crabbe and Goyle, and I realised that he'd got Riddle's diary. Oh, what a shame...NOT!

"Give that back," Harry ordered quietly

"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" Malfoy said, he obviously hadn't noticed the year on the cover and thought that he had Harry's own diary. A hush fell over the onlookers. 

"Hand it over, Malfoy," Percy said sternly whilst holding out his hand.

"When I've had a look," Malfoy said, waving the dairy tauntingly at Harry.

Percy said, "As a school Prefect-" but I could tell that Harry had lost his temper. He pulled out his wand and shouted 'Expelliarmus!" and as Snape had disarmed Lockhart, so Malfoy found the diary shooting out of his hand and into the air. Ron, grinning broadly, caught it.

"Harry!" said Percy loudly. "No magic in the corridors. I'll have to report this, you know!"

Which is why I'm glad I did my spell secretly.

Malfoy looked furious but Harry looked as though he had won the lottery. Malfoy's eyes scanned the area and smirked. 

"Looks like Ginny left once she realised you hated the Valentine, Potter," he snarled. 

Nah, she's just in the hospital because of the curse I put on her. If people were smart enough, they would know that the counter-curse was simply 'Unjellyfy'.

Idiots.

"Let's go," I pulled on Harry's back before something else could happen. 

Ron caught up to us. "Turns out Ginny's in the hospital after someone cursed her, who would that?"

Me. "Dunno"

Haha payback is a bitch, isn't it Ginny?

It wasn't until we had reached Professor Flitwick's class I noticed something odd about Riddle's diary. All Harry's other books were drenched in scarlet ink, but the diary, however, was as clean as it had been before the ink bottle smashed all over it. Harry tried to point it out to Ron, but Ron was having troubles with his wand again: large purple bubbles were blossoming out of the end, and he wasn't much interested in anything else. 

*

I stayed up late that night with Harry. Everyone else had gone to bed and I was glad because all Fred and George did was sing 'His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,' which was a constant reminder of Ginny and how she was now discharged from the Hospital Wing. Bummer. From the corner of my eye, I saw Harry flick through the pages of the diary and sighed. Right, it's now or never.