If I Could Remember

I walk all around town before eventually giving up. How was I supposed to find where he is if I don't even know where the location is? I sit on a bench and think to myself.

Kinda like our first date...Where did we go on our first date?

I guess the coma made me forget something so important.. Which is a terrible thing because I need to find Travis.

I continue walking around until I eventually find an ice cream shop. I know it wasn't my destination but I was a sad girl in need of some mint chocolate chip ice cream. I walk up to the counter and the cashier looks at me.

"Hey, can I get a mint chocolate chip ice cream please?" I ask.

"Sure. Cone or cup? And what size?" He asks.

"I'll take the medium cone, please." I reply.

He nods and punches in some numbers while I look around for my wallet. I begin to dig around in my purse, only to not find my wallet. I begin to panic and when he said, "That'll be $5.64," I panicked even more. I couldn't find my wallet anywhere.

"I'm sorry, my wallet must have gotten stolen or something I'm so sorry for wasting your ti-"

"Here you go." A familiar voice says and I see and pale hand reach in from of me and give the cashier money for my ice cream.

"Oh, you really didn't have to do.." I turn to look at the stranger to realize he wasn't a stranger. I gasp and immediately hug the person.

"Hey beautiful~" He said flirtatiously.

"Travis it's so good to see you again!" I smile and run my hands through his snowy white hair. I mess it up a bit and we both laugh. He places a kiss on my forehead and I blush a little. "Here's your order." The cashier said and handed me my ice cream.

I nod and Travis holds my free hand and guides me outside the shop. We begin to walk down the streets of Brightport and Travis was right- This place is nice.

We talked a while and finally Travis asked the question I knew would come up. "So, where's all the others?"

"Oh. They're in Phoenix Drop."

"They didn't want to come with?" He asked. I stayed silent and he raised an eyebrow. "They did know about your trip at least, didn't they?"

"Well.." I said in a really high-pitched tone.

"Y/N! Why did you come here without telling anyone?" He asked, suddenly mad at me.

"Look, I'm sorry but nobody would have let me come anyways. Besides, I'm an adult for Pete's sake I don't need permission to go somewhere else. Especially if it's to find my boyfriend." I replied.

He looked at me, his anger slowly fading away as he looked for the right words to say. He finally sighed in defeat and said, "You are so lucky I love you, Y/N."

I laugh and smile. "Besides, I'm sure they know I came to find you." I snuggle close to him and he wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer. The warmth of his body spread out though my body and I smiled again, some heat rising to my cheeks this time. I've dated many guys before, but none of them were like Travis. He was..He was different. And I like different.

"So, I guess you found my clues."

"Well, I found one of them. I went to the Comics store and he gave me the letter to go to some place I didn't know and so I got really frustrated and went for ice cream. I was not expecting you to be here." I said while laughing a little.

He frowned. "You didn't remember our first date?"

I frowned and and shook my head. "I guess the coma made me forget somethings..Heck, I don't even know my middle name."

There was an awkward silence between the two of us. I guess we both felt that this coma was a definite change in our lives.

"Mae."

"Huh?" I ask, tilting my head at him.

"Your middle name is Mae. I remember it being a topic of one of our conversations a while back.." He said, blushing.

"O-oh...Why would you remember something as useless as that?" I asked as I chuckled nervously.

He stopped and face me, and then said, "Useless? Y/N, any word that comes out of your mouth is never useless. You mean too much to me for me to forget anything.. Even if it does seem silly."

I blushed and placed my hand on his cheek. "Travis..If I could remember I swear to you I would..You know that right?"

He placed his hand on my hand and said, "Of course, Y/N."

I smiled and continued walking next to him, leaning my head on him and interlocking my fingers with his. I couldn't ask for a better moment.