Where Are You

I woke up the next day and sighed.

  Travis was gone.

  Katelyn didn't care I was hurting.

  I had nobody to take me home from the hospital.

  Although, I didn't really want to go home. I didn't want to go anywhere near my neighborhood.

  They all pushed Travis out of their lives. They all pushed Travis out of my life.

  When the doctor came in and told me I could leave whenever, I nodded and got changed. When I was done getting my stuff together, I walked out of the room and into the checkout area. I signed my name and went towards the exit.

  "I'd be careful Ms. L/N." Someone said to me.

  I turned my head towards them. It was a guy who was very tall. He had a hoodie on and I couldn't see his face.

  "Why?" I asked.

  "The press is out there."

  "So? Why should I care?"

  "They're there for you."

  I groaned. "Thanks for the warning."

  I walked out to see News Reporters all crowded around the front door. As soon as I walked out far enough, they all surrounded me. I was in the middle of a circle of reporters.

  There was a lot of flashing if cameras and way more talking.

  "I'm sorry, but I don't want to be publicized." I sighed. "Not right now at least...."

  "But Y/N, why not?"

  "Y/N did you have any visions or dreams while in a coma?"

  "How did you get put in a coma?"

  "Are you aware you were in a coma for a month?"

  Many thing were said as I tried to leave the swarm of reporters, but I only really payed attention to one comment.

  "Is it true that you have no one now? That your boyfriend left and you don't like anyone right now?" One of the female reporters asked.

  I teared up instantly and turned around to the reporter who asked that.

  "Don't you have any respect for people's personal lives?! Or is everything about views to you? That goes for all of you!" I clenched my fists. "I'm not answering anybody's questions. Goodbye!"

  I ran away from the reported as I left them speechless.

  But the reporter was right. I have no one to turn to. Where was I going to stay? Who was I going to stay with?

  I sighed as I walked the streets alone.  I pulled my hoodie over my head and looked at the ground, not wanting anyone to see my face. Especially not someone I knew.

  The funny thing is, I actually saw Katelyn heading into the building as I was leaving the hospital. Guess she'll have to go home alone.

  I head to the bus stop with my phone in my jeans pocket. I found a pair of earbuds on the ground and tried them. Only one earbud worked but it was enough to get me by.

  I got on the bus and sat in the very back. I put in my earbuds and played my music as I looked out the window to see where this his would bring me next.

~Play song~

  Of course this song had to play...The song that made me think of Travis.

  And not just because he's gone, but because in our free time we'd quote Avril Lavigne.

  Although, the song did kind of represent my situation.

  Travis is gone. I need him right now. My heart is missing him. And the words I need to hear to get me through the day, I miss them.

  I miss Travis.

  I love Travis.

  I wish he didn't have to go. If only I would've woke up sooner. I could've convinced everyone to let him stay.

  I could've made the guys let him have his room.

  I could've convinced his boss to let him keep his job.

  I could've convinced people to not hate him.

  I could've stopped my sister from doing a horrible thing.

  As all these thoughts roamed my mind, I felt my eyelids getting really heavy.

  Soon enough, I fell asleep.

~•~

  I woke up to someone poking my shoulder. I looked at them and sighed.

  "Ma'am, you've gone as far as $50 can get you. I'm going to have to ask you to either pay more money or leave my bus." He stated.

  "I'll just get off here. Thank you." I grabbed all my stuff and exited the bus. I turned off my music and looked around.

  I saw that I was in Brightport and smiled.

  This is where Travis would be.

  Travis always talked nonstop about how great Brightport was. He said it's economy was great and it was quite large. He even told me it was his escape place.

  I entered the town. It was a quite big town like he said actually, which was not exactly a good sign for me. I had to search everywhere for Travis. I would not give up, no matter what.

  I walked around for a little bit until I found a Comics store. I obviously went in, knowing Travis would probably stop there.

  I walked in the store and looked for an employee. I found one in one of the aisles, reading a teen magazine.

  "Uh, Miss? Hi, I have a question to ask." I asked her.

  She looked at me with disgust and out her magazine down. "What?"

  "Uh, I'm looking for my friend and I was wondering if you've seen him." I said as I pulled out a picture of him on my phone.

  "I don't know, you'll have to ask Clark. He was behind the counter." She shrugged and went back to reading her magazine.

  I nodded my head and walked over to the counter. "Hi, I was looking for my-"

  "Yes yes I know I heard you. It's a small store. Now, show me a picture of this friend." He says.

  I nodded and pulled out the picture of Travis.

  "Yes, that fellow actually came in earlier today! In fact..." He pulled out a printed out photo and looked me over again. "Oh, you must be Y/N!"

  "Yeah, how did you know?" I asked.

  "Well, that boy left me your picture and told me to give this to you if you came." He handed me a piece of folded paper and I happily took it.

  "Thank you so much." I smiled and walked out.

  I opened the paper and read the note Travis wrote for me.

  'Hey Y/N! If you're reading this then that means you followed me. I knew you would know me too well, so I decided to create this scavenger hunt for you. But don't worry, I'm the prize ;)
Anyways, here's my question:
Where did we go on our first date? That's right, now go to something like that place and the employee will give you a note. I hope to see you soon Y/N!

<3, Travis'

  Could he be any more specific?    

  Ugh....Travis....Where are you?