Coffee and tv

Frank and I talk for a while about miscellaneous and random topics, waiting for Gerard to get back.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask

"Oh, breakfast tent, don't ask I hate going there but, the others, they seem to enjoy it" he talks using his hands, looking down at the sofa and smiling on one side of his mouth.

Then both our attentions are drawn to the back of the bus as the slam of a door had interrupted our conversation. From behind a small dividing wall Gerard walks out, fresh and clean in his darn leather jacket which he's worn for god knows how many days.

"Wow" I say taking in his cleaner appearance

"Yeah Gerard, you really clean up" Frank adds before hitting his thighs and standing up "I'll leave you to it".

Once Frank leaves Gerard sits next to me scanning my face.

"What was I like last night?" He questions,

"Well, you were um... you weren't as bad as you could have been, just tired and done. If that makes sense" I reply comforting him, imagining the turmoil that his doubt had probably left in his head.

"Good"

I nod, not really knowing what else to say or do. Gerard then leans closer to me and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Rose I really appreciate you being here, you just, I don't know... thank you"

I smile a smile so true and full of contentment that I don't need to speak Gerard already knows everything.

"Do you have your phone with you?" He asks

I just nod and pull it out of my pocket before handing it to Gerard, I watch him as he types and then says,

"Ok, got it"

Gerard clicks the screen and Since The Night We Met starts playing. It's a beautiful song, the sort that you'd slow dance to but most Importantly it reflected us right now since we met.

We stay there cuddled up on the couch until the door to the bus opens and Ray steps in violently a look of hurry and confusion on his face.

"M.. M... Mikey" he stutters.

"Something's happened, he can't play" Ray finishes,

"What do you mean?"

"He won't be able to do tonight" Ray replies scratching his neck. Then, in an instant Gerard and Ray are gone and I'm on my own, needing answers, again.

Note: Thanks for reading! Really looking forward to the next part can't wait to write it but anyway So long and goodnight xx