Chapter 2

"Die, you son of a rice cooker," you roar and smash down your fingers on the controller in your clenched hands and press different patterns sending you towards victory. 

"Isn't that offensive?" Jae asks, hinting towards racist remarks about Asians and rice while trying to distract you (and failing).

He tries kissing your cheek, your neck, your exposed shoulder – everything accessible while still being able to watch the screen. But you're not gonna let him get to you. 

You lean forward from your comfortable spot against his chest, now out of reach of his soft lips. He tries pulling you closer into a hug again, not stopping his constant finger movement. 

"I'm still kicking your ass," you mumble with fire in your eyes, making a fatal move, which he just barely manages to dodge. 

Only a matter of seconds later, the controller in your otherwise tight grip is sent through the air and across the room as you're attacked by a set of fingers. 

You squeal and do your best to get away, but he won't let you. You manage to lie down from your sitting position on the floor only to now have him hovering above you. You try fighting him which ends up in a battle of strength. A battle you know you can't win.

Soon enough, your hands are pinned to the floor above your head. You're staring into each other's' eyes. How could something as simple as a pair of eyes be so unbelievably dazzling and ravishing?

His lips are curled in that devilish smile of his. He slowly sinks down, inching closer to your face. You bite your lip in anticipation. But the moment never happens. 

A knock on the door sends Jae flying back up and you both grab your controllers again. A very familiar face peeps in.

"Jaehyung- oh! (Y/N)! I didn't know you were here; what a pleasant surprise," Jae's mother smiles. 

"Her face always lights up when she sees you. I swear she likes you more than she likes me," Jae comments, earning a glare from her. 

"Hello, Mrs. Park. It's nice to see you too," you answer politely while being completely honest. You love his family; all of it. You love spending time with them – even if Jae isn't there! One time, you had a "date" at his house, but he was held back at school, so you spent nearly 4 hours alone with his family. You ended up having a BBQ with him not joining before the middle of eating.

"I take it you wouldn't mind staying for dinner?"

"If it's not too much of a trouble, I'd gladly take the offer."

"Not at all! Oh, how lovely," she says in a thrilling tone.

"What did you want to say, mom?" Jae cuts off your chit-chat. Her face changes.

"Oh, yes. Sohyun is downstairs. If I had known (Y/N) was here, I would've told her," she says in an apologetic manner.

"She knows," Jae mutters under his breath.

"Oh, it's fine!" You fabricate smile.

"Are you sure? I'll send her up then," Mrs. Park says and vanishes as fast as she appeared. You turn your attention towards the frowning boy beside you. 

"Why does she have to ruin it every time we're getting to the good point?" 

"Yah. She can't know. We'll have to pretend there's nothing unusual going on." You place a comforting hand on top of his. He looks you in the eyes.

"You're right," he sighs, "But I'll have to charge up for hours to come." With a smirk on his lips, he leans in for a short yet passionate kiss. Forcing yourself to stop the igniting proof of affection, you pull away and are both soon back to yelling at each other, making it seem as if that's all you have been doing.