Chapter 10

"You what?"

You stare blankly at the wasted girl. What in the world did she just tell you?

"I said: "I'm having an affair"." She chuckles.

You can't believe the words spilling from her mouth. You're in complete and utter shock.

"He's such a cutie. He's handsome, plays the guitar and sings reaaaaaally well." She closes her eyes, probably imagining the boy, and smiles.

You heart calms a little at the description.

"Sohyun. That's your boyfriend, Park Jaehyung."

"No, his name is Park Sungjin."

Your eyes nearly pop out of your head, now. How could she have an affair with someone as kind and gentle as Sungjin? He would never do anything like that. You're convinced she's just confused and messed up the names.

"Sohyun. You're drunk. You don't know what you're saying."

You grab her arm and try to pull her with you, so you can tug her in and get some sleep. But she rips her arm free of your grip and sits right back down, stubborn as she is.

"No. His name is Sungjin. Here. I have a picture."

She scrolls through her phone and stops at one photograph. You don't have any desire to look, but she shoves it right up in your face.

You shut your eyes as you see that she is, in fact, kissing a dark-haired boy and not the blond you know.

How could she do this? You could say you're not any better yourself. Still, you can't help but get so incredibly angered, you feel like hitting her with all your might.

"He's a real sweetheart. He bought me flowers and wrote a song for me for Valentines. Jae has never done such a thing. It's nice to feel loved."

Liar. He has done more than enough for you.

"How long has this been going on?" You try your best to stay calm and not show her how close to yelling at her you are.

"Hm, let me see. A year? Maybe one and a half? I don't remember."

That long?!

No wonder Jae felt lonely. That was actually the whole reason you started falling for each other. The further away Jae grew from Sohyun, the closer the two of you got – in a romantic way.

He had been so incredibly heartbroken when Sohyun had refused to spend their third anniversary together. He had spent weeks and weeks planning the perfect day; all to waste. He turned up at your house at 8 in the evening with a bouquet of soaked red roses, after waiting for her on a bench at the Grand Park for 5 hours, drenched from the heavy rain that was pouring down, matching his mood entirely. Even before that, their relationship was going down while the chemistry between the two of you was blooming. But that night was the time you showed the first open signs of the attraction towards each other.

You invited him in and went to your room to get the full explanation. Then, as you were giving him a hug of comfort, you felt how the pace of his heart was increasing rapidly, and suddenly beating in time with yours.

You didn't say a word. None of you did. But as if you had just verbally declared your intense feelings for each other, Jae slowly pulled away from you, just long enough to look you in the eyes. But only for a second before he closed the distance again – only this time for a much different kind of physical intimacy. And from then, everything just went insanely fast as if it was the only natural thing. As if you were really meant to be.

Knowing the true reason behind the birth of your relationship, you feel like you can't do anything but yell at her. You're burning up on the inside. How could she just abandon him – the most genuine and loving man you know – and have a lover on the side? What in the world did he do to make her feel like she was treated so horribly wrong, she felt the need to cheat on him? And for this long?

You clench your fists as she keeps on babbling about her sinful romance. Will the endless stream of nonsense ever stop?

"Get out," you abruptly interrupt in a low tone.

She finally comes to a halt and looks at you.

"What? I thought we were having a slee-"

"I said: "Get out"," you repeat, once again cutting her off.

This time, she looks genuinely confused as if she has no idea how upset you are.

"Get out!" you finally roar at the top of your lounges as she doesn't move an inch.

This time, you finally get through to her. She nearly falls off the couch from the shock of hearing your voice raised to that volume for the first time ever. It's not like you don't have a temper (at all). You're just really good at restraining yourself. So for this to make you yell up is quite something.

You glare at her with ice in your eyes. She starts feeling how unwanted her presence has gotten and raises to her feet. Still quite shook, she dashes out of the house without as much as a word.

For several minutes after the sound of a slamming door has disappeared, you sit on the sofa and stare out in the thin air. It isn't until now you take note of the sensation of the lukewarm liquid steadily streaming down your cheeks.

You wipe your face, sniffles and stand up yourself. You cast a glance around the messy place you call your home.

You surely won't be able to sleep after this, despite how late – or early – it is, so you decide to start cleaning up the place.

You quickly get ahold of the situation in the living room. Jae had done quite the job with gathering stuff from all over the house.

You smile at the thought of his sweet action.

Afterwards, you go to the kitchen. You put away all the unused cutlery, plates, glasses and so on. With each item you return to its original position, you think about how perfect the evening could have unfolded.

Younghyun and Dowoon would have arrived with smiling faces and excited hearts. You would have eaten dinner while discussing all sorts of topics; mainly music since that is the primary thing you all have in common and all are extremely interested in. Dowoon is a drummer – matching Younghyun's passion for the low-pitched bass, as they basically form the bottom end in most songs. Unlike the three musical geniuses, you don't have that much of a talent. Well, you're at least not confident enough to show them.

After eating, and sipping on fine wine, you would tell them to relax in the living room setup, though they would refuse and you would all end up cleaning everything together. And then you would settle in Jae's cozy field of softness and watch movies till the late hours arrive. And while the other charming couple would take cover in your room upstairs, you and Jae would stay the night in your parents' room, though you would probably not miss the chance to go stargazing. You would lie in the yard and talk about everything and nothing, enjoying each other's presence like the world was gonna end tomorrow.

You accidentally drop a glass, which rips you out of you flood of thoughts. You look down at the clear pieces, shattered. Just like your hopes for the evening to turn out the way you wanted it to.

What a pity.