Chapter 7

*Bzzzzzz*

You glance down at your phone on your bed where you're all snuggled up to Jae, watching a movie. Your parents aren't home before 4 am, so you have a lot of time to be alone in.

From: SoSo

Hey, where were you today? I didn't see you

You grab it and type a quick reply before turning back to enjoy your company. But it doesn't last long before it buzzes again. And the Jae's beeps too. He sighs. After looking at the text, he shifts in his seat.

"What is it?" you ask and sit up straight. He doesn't look pleased.

"She's asking if she can come over."

Great..

You encourage him to go. "You know she'll come over anyways."

"I'm so sick of her and her need to control me. How come she can't be like a normal girlfriend?"

He looks down at you.

"Why can't she be more like you?"

"Then you wouldn't even think about seeing me behind her back. That's why."

He smiles widely. "True."

You brush your lips against his before letting him go. But he's not anywhere near ready to leave.

While you pull back, Jae grabs your wrist as it's leaving his shoulder.

"Not yet," he mumbles and leans back in to continue.

After a while, he pulls you onto his lap. You slide your arms around his neck. You know he really has to go, but boy, you don't want him to.

"We have to stop," you stutter, out of breath, after pulling away and placing your forehead against his.

He huffs, clenching his jaw in annoyance.

"Screw that. Let her wait." He doesn't hesitate to dive back in and go on with your little intimate moment.

About an hour and a half later, he leaves the house with a smile on his lips. What a goof.

You look at the round watch above the entrance to the kitchen. It's 10.35 pm. Feeling a little icky, you decide to take a quick shower before settling for a good movie and some sleep.

When you get back to your bedroom, you notice you have received a text. Jae has sent a picture.

From: ❤️❤️

Thanks for today ;)

You smile at your phone. What an incredible day.

· Thursday ·

You meet up with Jae on the bus as usual, but something isn't quite right. As you're heading down towards his seat, you notice how some people from your school are staring at you. Glaring.

"What's up with people?" you whisper after sitting down. He shrugs and looks around.

You're at the very back of the bus, alone. He discreetly takes your hand. You can tell he's pondering about whether it's safe or not to steal a kiss. In the end, he decides not to and just wait until later.

Upon arriving at the school, you notice Sohyun is waiting for you by the entrance of the school as always, Only today she does not look anywhere near as happy as any other day.

After getting outside, and parting with Jae, she spots you and starts walking your way with clenched fists and a very determined face. Before you get a chance to greet her politely as you do every day, you're on the ground with a stinging cheek.

You look up at her in surprise, a hand on your throbbing face. She mumbles a series of swearwords before getting down and throwing a fist at you again. People start to gather around you. You're dumbfounded.

What in the world is going on?

"How could you?!" she screams at you and slaps you across the face again. You don't resist at all.

"How. Could. You!" A slap follows each word.

You suddenly hear Jae's voice. He's shouting, yelling at Sohyun. Everything seems so unreal. You can't really think straight.

"I hate you," Sohyun screams as she's led away by a teacher. Jae drops down beside you and holds each side of your head, making you face him.

"God," he mutters under his breath. "What have I done?" Both the look on his face and his voice exposes the pain he feels, thinking he's the reason behind the sudden beat-up.

"It's not your fault," you smile. She didn't beat you so much you started bleeding. But you are in a pretty good amount of pain.

The circle of people around you scatters as the exciting event is over. Younghyun then comes forth and helps both of you up.

"What was that for?" you ask and press a bottle of water to your red cheek.

Younghyun's eyes rise.

"You don't know?" You look at Jae, who's just as confused as you are.

Younghyun takes out his phone, types something and turns it around for you to see.

"These pictures were posted online yesterday."

Your eyes widen in horror as pictures of you and Jae acting all lovey-dovey in Seoul have been spread around. Very likely the reason behind your sudden assault.

"Who posted that?" Jae asks. You feel his body fill with rage. The anger radiates from him.

You grab his wrist in an effort to calm him before he does anything stupid.

"Some lonely soul from Seoul. I guess someone spotted it and thought it was worth the share, since they know you," Younghyun explains.

"We have to convince her that it isn't us. You can't see our faces. Not clearly. It could be someone else," you say and grab onto Younghyun's sleeve. "Please. You have to help us."

He looks from you to Jae and back. After a moment of hesitation, he finally speaks up.

"I have an idea."