Chapter 9

Rummaging sounds from the kitchen echoes through the house. A wondering look appears on Sohyun's face.

"Oh, it was probably just the cat," you lie, knowing Jae dropped something because of the name that just left your lips.

"You look like you aren't happy to see me," Sohyun smiles.

"N-no, I am," you stutter, still a little shocked at the sight.

She looks down at your clothes and then back up.

"Were you expecting someone?" she asks suspiciously.

"Oh, yeah. Umm, just some old friends from way back. They're coming all the way from Busan," you continue lying. And she bites the hook.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'll leave then."

You breathe a sigh of relief inside but then notice a pair of boys walking down the other side of the road. The pair you have actually been waiting for will arrive in less than a minute and Sohyun will find out you have been lying to her.

"No, no, you can come in while I wait for them."

You grab her arm, pull her inside and slam the door shut. She snorts and shoots you a weird look.

"Well, I do have to use the restroom."

"Sure! You know where it is," you nervously laugh and follow her with your eyes as she heads upstairs.

You quickly open the door, just as Younghyun is about to knock and he nearly hits your face.

"Wow! Incredible timing," he grins.

"Go. Now!" you whisper with a serious face.

"What?"

"Go! Sohyun is here and thinks I'm meeting up with some old friends."

"What?! Why did you invite her?!"

"I didn't! She just appeared!"

"Well, why did you let her in?!"

"If someone hadn't been late, I would have sent her home," you hiss, hinting at their delay.

"Sorry. We were... Caught up in something." Younghyun scratches the back of his neck and looks down.

You notice how Dowoon's ears flush red as he looks away. You can't help but giggle.

"I get it. But hurry, now. She won't stay in the bathroom forever."

"Okay, okay. But what about Jae?"

"He's still in there. I need to smuggle him out as well, so shoo! Disappear!"

And with that, they rush back down the pathway to the street and vanish.

You close the door and hurry into the kitchen to look for Jae. You whisper his name a couple of times while searching for him.

Suddenly, a pair of hands grab your waist and you spin around.

"Sohyun!"

"Why are you sneaking around like that?" she giggles.

Yet another lie slips from your mouth, "I-I'm looking for the cat. One of my friends is slightly allergic, so."

"Oh, haha. Well, it certainly looks like you are expecting fine company."

She glances around the room, eyeing the dinner setup.

"Yeah."

"Why don't we watch a movie while waiting?" she suggests.