Chapter 1

Hey guys. It's my first time doing this so if you have suggestions. Just comment. Hope you like it. And just because I ship Meredith and Nathan doesn't mean I don't miss Derek. #MerDer forever❤️ Now let's begin, shall we?

Nathan's POV
I wake up it's 7:00. It's my first day of work since returning from Afghanistan. I get up and get ready. I get in my car then drive to Grey Sloan memorial hospital. I park my car right in front. I sit in my car for a few minutes just looking around, then get out of my car then start walking not know what awaits me inside. I go to the front desk and ask for directions to her office. Then start walking till I see a glass office. I knock on the door then hear a women say "come in".

"Hi" I said, as I open the door. To see a women in a chair. "Oh,Hello I'm Dr. Miranda Bailey and you must be Nathan Riggs" said Bailey.
"Yes, finally nice to meet you" I said. "Well let me show you around" said Bailey as she stood up.

We walk around the hospital, as she's introducing me to doctors and showing me the wings. Then we go walking to the surgical board, where 3 women stand. One of them laughing catches my eyes and makes me feel nervous for some reason. Her smile, her eyes. Snap out of it Nathan, I think to myself. Bailey taps the women on the shoulder then faces her.

"Ladies,let me introduce you to are new cardio attending, Dr.Nathan Riggs." says Bailey while I extend my hand the theirs. "This is Amelia Shepherd, Head of Neuro. This is Maggie Pierce, Head of Cardio. And last but not least Meredith Grey, Head of General." While I  extend my hand to Meredith's she smiles and I feel my heart racing. I let go of her hand.  "Nice to meet you all. See you around." I said.

Me and Bailey walk off while I try to sneak a few glimpses of Meredith. Smiling and laughing with her friends. What am I doing it's just a girl, I barely know her. I think to myself.

Meredith's POV

It's 6:30 and I hear Ellis crying, I get up and get her bottle ready. I go in to Zola and Bailey's room and wake them up for school. They finish their breakfast and head up stairs.

"GET UP!!! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE" I yell to Alex and Maggie. "OK!!!" I hear coming from two rooms. They help Zola and Bailey get ready and by 7:30 we are out the door. We arrive at the hospital,and drop off the kids at day care.

"You look like a mess." says Alex. As we go up stairs in a elevator. "And you look like a moron and do I tell you something? No " I say. "And plus Ellis felt like she had a need to wake up every 2 hour ,so yeah"  I said. "Did you hear that we're getting a new attending?" says Maggie. "No" answer me and Alex.

The elevator bell rings and the doors open. We go change into our scrubs then go check up on our patients. I walk to the surgical board to see if there are any interesting surgeries. I see Maggie and Amelia talking,and walk to them.

"Hey Mer how was your date?" says Amelia. "Bad. All he did was talk about himself" I said. "There are plenty other fish in the sea" says Maggie. "Plus It didn't feel right. It still feels weird" I said. "None of them will ever be like Derek. We all miss him" say Amelia. Derek was always a hard subject to talk about. But after two years its gotten better.

" Yea, I guess. Changing the subject. Maggie how's the thing with  DaLuca going?" I said smiling. "Really Mer not so loud. And it's going good. But I feel weird. Like what kind of attending goes out with interns?" "The father of my children" I say while me and Amelia are laughing. "Sorry. I forgot" said Maggie. "It's fine" I said.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. Then turn to see Bailey and a man standing next to her. She introduces us to him and extends his hand to us. I'm last, I politely smile as I shake his hand. Looking at his eyes. They leave as quickly as they came.

"He's cute. Right Mer?" says Amelia nudging my shoulder. We all  laugh as I start to blush a bit. I look at him as he walks away. Yeah I guess he's fine, I think in my head. But whatever.