Chapter 3

All I remember is laying down and going to sleep. But when I open my eyes I'm back at the hospital, I bump into Meredith again. We stare at each other like last time, but this time she leans in closer. Our faces inches apart, She fills the space between us, she kisses me. I'm in shock.

But, I don't oppose, the kiss intensifies as time passes. I walk back a few steps without breaking the kiss, and she follows. She closes the door and locks it as I push her against the wall. Our bodies in sync, every time I move she moves. I tug at her shirt and she at mines. And as we part so I can take her shirt off, she stares at me and I stare at her beautiful eyes. We both smile, then when she's about to say something.

"BEEP!!! BEEP!!!" the alarm goes off. "UGHHH" I groan, as I turn it off then roll back just to stare up at the ceiling. I laugh at myself for having that dream. I pull myself together, change make some food, then go to my car. I drive to the hospital to see a black car, Meredith smiling as she parks a few spaces next to me. This time with her is just the baby, Maggie, and the man from yesterday.

I see them walking to the entrance then I can't see them. I get out my car then walk to the elevator. Just in time to catch a glimpse of Meredith before the doors close. I wait till the doors open again, to see no one inside. Then right before the doors close I hear someone shout,"HOLD UP!"

I put my hand between the doors then see a woman jogging into the elevator. "Thanks. Riggs? Right?" the lady says,Amelia. "Yeah and no problem" I say. "DING" I hear the elevator doors open. "Nice to see you again Amelia" I say as I walk out. I change into my scrubs, and see that I'm all alone. Then to my luck, a beautiful woman walks out the bathroom,Meredith. "Hi and sorry again for yesterday" I say. She looks up and nods,"No problem."

I have to do this,"hey what are you doing when you get out of here?" I blurt out. She turns around,"Nothing, gonna go home."
" Well if you want. Im going to be at Joe's, around 11-ish" I say blushing a bit. "Are asking me out, Riggs? I've got three kids you know." she says smiling. I walk a little closer to her "Maybe and yes I do know. Plus I love children." I say while smile a smile creeps on my face.

She smiles and turns away," Why not. Sure." she says. "Great. See you later then." I say as walk out. "YESSS!!!" I whisper to myself, hoping she didn't hear.

Meredith's POV

I wake up to Ellis crying and see Zola and Bailey are in my bed. I wake them up for school, make Ellis a bottle. Make breakfast, I see Alex and Maggie coming down the stairs. I drop off Zola and Bailey at school and take Ellis with us.

We get to the hospital, we get out the car and I take Ellis to daycare. We go into the elevator to go upstairs and change into our scrubs. Everyone leaves and I'm in the bathroom doing my hair. I go out the door to see a man, Nathan. I look down and go check my phone. I feel his eyes follow me, then he apologizes again about yesterday.

And to my surprise he asks me what I'm doing later tonight. I say," Are you asking me out, Riggs? I got three kids you know." He get a little closer, which makes my heart race a bit. "Maybe,and yes" he says. Why not ,sure I think to myself. "Sure why not" I say smiling. We plan to meet later, as he walks out I hear him whisper,"YESSS!!!" I chuckle softly so he doesn't know I heard him. I'm excited for tonight, but I promise myself not to drink too much.

Later that day I see Maggie," Can you take care of the kids tonight??" I ask her. She looks at me strangely,"Yeaahh..Why?"she asks me. "Uhhh...Because I have a date! I guess you could say that." I say looking around so she doesn't see me smiling. "WHAT!?!?With who?When? What are you gonna wear?" she blurts out.

" Someone. At 11-ish and my normal clothes. I guess" I say normally. "Meredith come on please tell me?? I'm your sister for god sake" she says. "Okay. Okay it's Nathan" I say as I see her jaw drop and just stare at me. "WHAT?!?!?" I say annoyingly. "Nothing, it's just that I never imagined him. And you barely met him like yesterday, so yeah" she says. "Well he wanted to buy me a drink and how can I turn down a free drink" I say. "Well Okay but you have to tell me everything. Okay?" she says. I said ok as I walk to go check on my patients. I watch the clock till I see it strike 11:00.

I go to change into my clothes,and see a bag with my name written on it. In side I find some clothes,"Here's some clothes for your date! Good luck - Love Maggie" it says. I change, do my hair, and makeup. I go to my car, turn it on, then drive to the bar right across the street. I walk down stairs to some glass doors, then look inside. I see Nathan sitting down looking at his watch. I smile as feel my heart beat faster, I'm nervous.

What could happen, I think to myself. As I walk through the door, smiling, and waving my hand to catch his attention. He sees me, and he stands up. Showing me his smile, the one I remember when I first saw him. One drink I tell myself, but I know that's gonna be a lie.