Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

I don't know what to say to her? Why should she date me? "UGHH! I DON'T KNOW" I groan into a pillow that's in the on-call room. "Why does she make me go crazy?" I ask myself. I don't know why she should, I'm confused out of my mind over this woman.

I get up and walk out the room. Then just start walking, thinking. Still nothing. As I'm walking I turn the corner and someone runs into me, knocking me back and making me fall. I feel the person fall on top of me. This smell, lavender, I know it from somewhere. I open my eyes, it's Meredith.

I smile," Well... Hello there" I say. She groans and gets up. "You know that these halls aren't for running, things like this could happen. But I'm happy it was you" I say grinning. "Oh I'm sorry. And yeah it's just that I was doing something and I didn't watch where I was going" she says.

She's so beautiful, she the only reason I like waking up. "Well goodbye. And Riggs?" She says as she walks away. "Yeah" I say. "I'm still waiting" she says as she grins and walks away. I groan then walk away. I still don't know.

I continue to walk around checking on my patients but still trying to think. I do a surgery then return to an on-call room. Then lay there staring at the ceiling. I don't know why she should, but I know why I should. I get up from the bed with a grin. I walk around the hospital, trying to look for Meredith.

I walk past an scanning room and see her, finally. She's cleaning up, I'm guessing her patients just left. I go into the room with the microphone and stare at her, smiling. "I don't know why. But I started thinking and I was like why do I want to go out with her" I say.

"The first time I saw you, I saw that Maggie and Amelia said something and it made you laugh. And I couldn't wait till Bailey told me your name. I wake up and come here early and the first thing I do is look on the board so I know your here. Every time I see you I think, what can I say to make her smile. So your eyes can do that thing they do" I say this she walks closer to the glass.

"I don't know why you should like me. But that's why I want like you" I look down blushing a little, when I look up I don't see her. I look around in the room. "Yes. So you should ask me to dinner" She says as she leans against the wall. I stare at her "would you like to do that dinner" I ask. "Yes" she says smilingly then a Dr. Avery comes in and calls for her. I watch her smile and then walk away.

It's 5 o'clock and I can't wait. I continue to work with the biggest grin. I'm going on a date with Meredith Grey.

Meredith's POV

I wake up from a 20 minute nap. I've forgotten what I was thinking about. I get up and start to speed walk almost running. I look down and then turn the corner. I fall on top of someone. I open my eyes, Riggs. "Well.. Hello there" he says as I groan and get up.

"You know these walks aren't meant for running, things like this could happen. But I'm happy it was you" he says I grin. He's so annoying but something he said makes me feel weird. I make up excuse and start to walk away. I remember, "Well goodbye. And Riggs?" I say and stare at him. "I'm still waiting."

I hear him groan, I smile then continue. I work on a patient and go to get some scans. Me and the patient talk and then I tell one of my interns to take her back to the room. I tidy up and replace the paper. I hear the microphone turn on and turn, it's Nathan I smile.

"I don't know why. But I started thinking and I was like why do I want to go out with her" he said. "The first time I saw you, I saw that Maggie and said something and it made you laugh. And I couldn't move. And I need to wait till Bailey told me your name because I had the know who you were. I wake up and come here early and try to see your name on the board. Every time I see you I think, what can I say to make her smile. So your eyes can do that thing they do" he said this and it made me...happy.

"I don't have a good reason why you should like me. But that's why I like you" he says.But what he said was the perfect answer, something I was scared about. But how would I know I'm ready if I don't try. I walk out the door and turn to see Nathan looking into the room I was in, confused. I smile "Yes. So you should ask me to dinner" I say. He stares and smiles,"Would you like to go to dinner?"he asks me.  I smile "Yes", Dr. Avery comes in and call for me. I walk out and smile.

I feel strange, this is the first date I've actually been nervous for but it's Riggs what could happen. I don't know what I'm going to do. I search for Maggie and I find her sitting, filling some charts. "Hey Maggie" I say. "Hey Mer, you need something" she asks me. "Well I have a date tonight. And I really need you to watch the kids" I say. I see a big grin go across her face. "With Riggs?" She asks me. "Yeah and so will you? Please" I ask. "Sure but can you give me money for pizza. I don't want to cook tonight"she says.

"Great and fine" I pull out 15 bucks and give them to her. Then walk away, I have to get ready it's 5:30. I still have a little time. I continue to work till it's 7:30. I go into the lounge and Nathan's stuff is still there. I get my things ready. I put on a little make up and change into my clothes. Lucky I put on good clothes today.

Thanks for you guys for waiting. I have been busy. Thanks for liking my story. ✌️