Chapter 7

Nathan's POV

It's been a few days since our fling. I haven't been able to get her out of my head. She's the first thing I want see when I go to work. And last thing I want to see when I close my eyes. She's just my co-worker, I can't have these feelings for her. I'm always at the hospital and I always see her.

I see her walking down the hall I can't help but just inhale her smell as she walks past me. It's like a drug and I can't have enough of it. I snap out of it and cone back to reality. I go and check on my patients. Then I go to a surgery with Maggie.

I finish then go to the lounge, to see Meredith sitting on the couch. Checking some stuff in the tablet. I cough to get her attention, then our eyes meet for a second. She then looks back at her tablet. "You know we should got out." I say out of nowhere. "What? No" she says confuse. "Well I can go somewhere then you can go then bam! We're hanging out" I say. "I don't hang out" she says obnoxiously.

I walk closer then sit next to her. Our faces inches apart. "Well then what do we do?" I ask as I inhale her scent. "I got to go" she says as she gets up. I chuckle as she walks away. "Come on! What could happen?!" I yell as she walks out. I hear her laugh.

I get up then go back to my patients not even remembering why I went their, but lucky I did. As I check on my patients, I get a called to the ER. "Peter Pan here thought I would be a good idea to go onto the roof with bushes of thorns under him. Then we'll you can imagine the rest" says one of the paramedics. The guy comes in covered in thorns, and a branch going through him. As I walk over Meredith rushes past me.

"Well Mr....Allen we will take good care of you. The branch doesn't seem to have hit major arteries, so we'll get you some scans. Then proceed from there, the nurses will give you some medicine to make you feel better." I tell him. Then see Meredith check to see if he doesn't have any internal injuries.

"You have a few broken ribs, and some bleeding inside. But we'll fix that" she says as me and her walk out. I gently barb her arm and lead her to the hallway, checking to see if anyone sees us. "Come on one date. No sex, just a regular date." I say as Meredith's back is to the wall, our faces inches apart.

"No. Just no it's gonna be weird" she says. "Come on just dinner maybe a movie"I say trying to convince her. "Okay. BUT tell me why should I go out with you" she tells me as I think. She sneakily walks away grinning. "Uhhh" I groan.

Meredith's POV

It's been a few days seen you know. I can have these feelings for him. I have children to think about. But I feel guilty somehow, these feelings are something I haven't felt in awhile, since Derek. The night at the bar, in the car I felt something I don't know what it was but something. I felt happy, it might have been the tequila but still.

I don't see him a lot but when I do all I can think about are his eyes. They're beautiful, and when they stare at me I feel excited. I know when he stares at me. I makes me feel powerful, like I'm in charge.

I go to the lounge to get some peace and quiet, something you can't really get at a hospital. I sit down and check on the files if my patients, then to my luck he walks in, Nathan. "You know we should go out" he says. I'm confused,"what? No" I say. "Well I can go somewhere then you could go then bam! We're hanging out" he tells me I grin. "I don't hang out" I tell him obnoxiously.

He gets closer, which makes my heart beat faster,"Well then what do we do?" he asks as he sits down next to me. His face close enough for me to smell him. "I got to go" I tell him as I get up. "Come on! What could happen?!" he yells as I walk away. I laugh.

I get called to the ER a few minutes later. Nathan is also called but I don't notice. A man is rolled in with a branch through his shoulder and thorns all over his body, he seems good but I feel he has a few broken ribs and some bleeding. Nathan talk to him then when I'm finished checking Mr. Allen I start to walk out. I take off my gloves then I feel a hand around my arm, pulling me in to a hallway, Nathan.

I'm kinda confused, "Come on one date. No sex just a regular date." he says. It's the chase. Our faces inches apart, something inside me just want to kiss him but I can't. I have to control myself. I tell him no. "Come on just dinner maybe a movie" he say with his puppy dog eyes, those eyes are my weakness.

"Yes. BUT you have to tell me why I should go out with you" I say as I walk away grinning. "Uhhhh" I hear him groan.If I'm more than just a chase, he'll have a good answer. I turn the corner and sigh. I see a gurney then lay down. I have nothing to do right now. My eyes close and I start thinking. When I was an intern, I thought all I was to Derek was a chase.

Something inside me, hopes that he doesn't have a good answer. That just maybe he's a jerk, that he isn't perfect.There's no suck thing as a second true love. Derek was everything to me and when I lost him. I didn't know what to do, we were going to be together in till we were old and senile.

Sorry guys for not posting earlier. It's just that I had school and I kinda didn't know what to write. But I'm going to try and post sooner. Thanks to you guys for liking my story. ✌🏼