Chapter 9

Nathan's POV

It's 7:40 and I'm getting everything ready so I can leave. Arizona,the pediatric surgeon, comes in. "You did good today. I guess things are looking up for me too. I got a date tonight" I say. "Oh great. Is it some one in the hospital?" She asks. "I didn't say that" I say back.

"Your face did. Who is it?" She says. "Im not gonna say. If she wants to, she can, but it seem like she doesn't. So I won't" I say. "Noble? Oh is it Kepner? Edwards? Reaves? Wilson? Ooh is it hunt? It's hunt right?" She asks excitedly. "No it's not." I say laughing. "Ok ok is it Bailey?" She asks. "Ooh she married" I say back. "Yeah, heart wants what the heart wants" she says.

"Okay, Shepherd? Grey?" She asks. I twitch a little at the sound of her name. "You're face twitched at Grey?" She says look closely. "I did not" I say trying to make it sound convincing. "Is it grey? Is it Meredith Grey?"she asks. "I never said that"I tell her. "Oh my god"she says. "Well I understand. She's hot. Wait, she likes you?" She says sorta hurting my feelings.

"Okay I'm gonna try and not be offended by that" I say. "Ohh it just that Derek... Derek was epic for her. They were the great love story. I mean that girl's heart beat for Derek Shepherd. It just never occurred to me that should ever be with someone else. He was perfect. He was everything. I mean that man turned her world"she says. As she speaks I feel nervous, and slightly sad.

"I'm sorry. I spooked you. Don't be spooked okay. This is good. This is good right. Because love is good right?"she says and walks out. "right" I say plain and simple. I don't know about this, what if she doesn't.. I don't know like me? Me and Meredith agreed to meet at a bar.

It's 8 and I'm ready to go. Then I hear that Maggie's mom has cancer. I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine what that feels like. I've lost people I've loved. I go to Meredith's place to see what going to happen.

I knock on the door, and she opens it. She looks beautiful. I forget what I came here for. "Hey" I say. "I can't go" she tells me. "It's okay. Stay here with her" I ask. "Thanks for understanding" she says. "No problem" I say. "Maybe another time" she says. "I know. She get though it" I say. She smiles and closes the door.

"Ughhhh" I say softly so she doesn't hear. I go to my car and go to a bar. "Hey joe, give me a shot of your finest tequila" I say sitting down.

Meredith's POV

I get a call from Maggie. "Meredith... My..mom just died"she says. "Oh Maggie, where are you?" I ask worriedly. "I'm at the house with Amelia and the kids"she tells me. "Okay I'll be there in a few" I tell her not even remembering about the date.

I go home to find Amelia hugging Maggie. I remember when I found out got my mom had Alzheimer's, I didn't feel a bad as this because we weren't this close but sometimes I still miss her. I walk over to Maggie and hug her. Because not saying anything is sometimes a good thing.

I hear a the doorbell ring, I get up and open the door, it's Nathan. "Hey" He says. "I can't go" I tell him. "It's okay. Stay here with her" he says. "Thanks for understanding" says. "No problem" he says. "Maybe another time" I say. "I know. She get though it" he says. She smiles and closes the door.

I feel happy that he understood but right now I have to think about Maggie, "who was that?"Amelia asks me. "Just some from drunk asking for some money" I say. I sit down next to her and then I remembered. The thing that got me out of a bad mood was.. dancing.

I get up and turn on some music. "What are you doing?" Maggie asks me. "Come on. Lets dance" I say pulling Maggie and Amelia's hands. Then we start dancing, just like me and Christina used to.

A hour goes by and we finish dancing. We all feel better, we eat then go to see the kids. "You know one and Owen's would be cute?"says Maggie giggling. "Ahhhh I'm fine for now" says Amelia. I smile at the site of my 3 beautiful children, how Derek would of loved to see them grow up.

I close the door of their room and go to mines. I stand at the door, "Goodnight Maggie and Amelia"I say quietly. "Goodnight" I hear both of them say. I go in and change clothes. I lay down and look at the ceiling till I feel my eyes feel heavy then fall asleep.