Beginnings and foregathering

Ta..... Kha.... Dhi.... Mi.....

"Begin with the right side, tap your leg once for Ta. Again Tap the same foot for Ka. Lift the left foot and place it on the toes for Dhi. Let the foot fall flat on the floor for Mi." instructed Samskruthi.
The students were practicing in the front yard guided by her as Sharadha wasn't in the position to teach and ofcourse in those days, being in an orthodox family, she wasn't allowed either.

"No dear, it's like this" she laughed as a little girl just kept tapping without eye or head movement

"No dear, it's like this" she laughed as a little girl just kept tapping without eye or head movement. The class continued for another 30 minutes.
"Learn this tala(rhythm) for today children. Tomorrow......Tomorrow we will continue." She paused for a moment when she saw a pair of intense eyes admiring her from the gate of her house. Already being shy and timid by nature, the eye contact brought a shade of red on her cheeks and she immediately withdrew.
It was Abhinav who had arrived to pick Thanvi and for his own reasons as well. He was surprised and overwhelmed seeing her react like that. Realizing what just happened, he too turned over rubbing the back of his neck.
Soon the class was dispersed. Thanvi came running over.
"Haaa! My heroine." he said as he picked her up placing a kiss on the cheek which she delightfully returned. "Why haven't you removed these anklets yet?"
"Amma used to, everytime." she frowned as he bent over somehow managing to undo them. After removing and keeping them in her bag, his eyes started looking for that person.
Unable to find her, he opened his car door, got in and drove off with Thanvi continuously explaining the day's incidents.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Samskruthi ran inside her room, still blushing, right after leaving the class. She sat on her bed looking through the window where Abhinav was busy with Thanvi's anklets and recalled the incidents of the previous night. She was spellbound with his tall physique,manly voice and most of all, the love for his family. Not to forget his eyes, which flushed out all the words she could manage to voice out, whenever brought in contact with hers.
Everyday used to be the same, without a word spoken to eachother. The eye contacts and smiles themselves spoke a lot about the developments so far. Unnoticed by others and unaware themselves, a new feeling emerged in them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was a week later when the concert Thanvi was participating in was held. The family was getting ready for the evening's event. Chaya dressed Thanvi as the make up was to be taken care by the artists backstage. Abhinav on the other hand had two obvious reasons for managing time even with a tight schedule at office. One of them was his endearing niece while the other was her.He was excited at the thought of talking to her finally on this day.
The foursome then hurried in the same car with Abhinav driving, Thanvi taking the front seat while Arun and Chaya sat in the backseat.
"All ready Chinni?" Arun asked Thanvi who excitedly nodded her head. "Chaya you didn't forget the camera right? "
"I brought mine Anna" Abhinav said.
"I couldn't find it. You keep it somewhere randomly and then you ask me," complained his wife.
"Here's why I tell you to not put those spectacles of yours away. Can you atleast see me now. How much is this" teased Arun showing three with his fingers. He was given a nice whack on his head by her making everyone laugh hard.
  By then they reached the auditorium. Thanvi and Chaya left to the backstage with Arun moving out to attend an important call. It was now time to search for her thought Abhinav. He wandered around for quite some time and finally found her standing with her sister and mother. 

Seeing her in a black and golden saree literally made him lose his senses

Seeing her in a black and golden saree literally made him lose his senses. She turned to her right after her sister and mother walked away to make a few necessary arrangements and check on the backstage . That was when she noticed him adoring her. Without knowing what to do he moved towards her without uttering a word. She blushed like a morning daisy as he came closer and looked around cautiously.
"Hello." he greeted her waving one of his hands with another tucked in his pocket. She smiled in response and nodded.
"So.... When's the program gonna start?" he asked without finding anything to speak after a moment of silence.
"It will now.  The invocation dance will be by Thanvi's group. A few more minutes I guess." she answered.
"Oh. So from how many years have you been running this class? I heard Thanvi saying you're a proffessinal" Abhinav said as he was pretty comfortable by then.
"Haha.  No no.  It's my sister who takes class. I'm no proffesional. I've just learnt the danceform and teach when Akka isn't able to. That's it. I'm actually still studying." she finally spoke up.
"I see. By the way may I ask what you're studying?"
   "I'm a cardiology student from the BMU. " she replied.
"Well there you go! Doctor meets an engineer. I'm a computer science graduate from NIT Suratkal." he exclaimed. "I forgot,  were your parents worried the other day?"
"No. Not after I called them. "
Just then Abhinav's phone rang and he excused himself.
"Anna? Yes I am. Uhhh..  Actually here by the backstage.. No not with Atthige. I'm talking to my....  Friend" he said while Samskruthi looked at him. "Yeah..  Third row right? I'll be there. " he said cutting the call.
"Looks like the program will start." she said as the lights started dimming.
"Oh yeah. So.. Do you have to go? "he asked.
"Well.. Yes.. I too have a performance in the end. Akka has asked me to get ready. "
"Cool! Good luck for that. Umm....  Can I have your phone number then? " he blurted receiving a weird look from. Samskruthi. "Uhhh.. If I'm late by chance,  you don't have to drop Thanvi. You can just call me then. " he said sheepishly.
She lowered her head smiling and gave him the number. Then the two went to their respective places. Abhinav, Chaya and Arun proudly watched their daughter dance on stage for the first time.

The program finally was about to end with Samskruthi's dance. Abhinav and his partner in crime, Thanvi,  were two among the very excited audience. At last, the apsara (angel) made her appearance.

She graced the stage with her skillful steps and expressions while Abhinav stuck to the seat dumbstruck, not batting an eye

She graced the stage with her skillful steps and expressions while Abhinav stuck to the seat dumbstruck, not batting an eye. He soon found the program wrapping up and the crowd dispering. Arun and Chaya asked him to take Thanvi to the car saying that they would come after having a word with Sharadha.
It was 9 o'clock by then. They sat inside the car with Thanvi on Abhinav's lap.
"Your were brilliant Chinni. Do you know how cute my little girl was looking in her costume?" he praised. The two kept talking until the couple arrived  and then drove off, stopping in between by a hotel. They reached home late at night.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

  Samskruthi was home. Since it was Ekadashi(A day when no hard food is taken. Only milk and fruits are eaten), the family had a glass of milk and went to sleep.
PING
Her phone flashed with a message,in her dark room, from an unknown number.