You are Mine

"Enough now.. Tell me why you're crying" he shushed her in his yet so calm and composed manner, breaking the hug, holding her shoulders. She who felt quite relieved in his embrace finally disclosed,
"Abhinav.. Today I received a proposal... He is our family friend's son and.. and.. Amma is keen about it...I don't know what to do!"
Her voice broke as she spoke.
But to her surprise, Abhinav started laughing, as he wound his strong arms around her again.
"Thanvi is way better I tell you.. You should see her giving reasons for not doing homework to Atthige."
She lifted her head and stared at him.
But the poor soul was so confused that she even couldn't express her anger.

"Oh god! Dr

"Oh god! Dr. Samskruthi! They're asking for your opinion and you're behaving like they've already brought the invitation home! See that's why we engineers are far smarter than you others! Say no. That's it!" he said holding her hands.
"But Uncle is my father's best friend. This is one reason why Amma wants to proceed. "
"So what! Listen.. You have the liberty to take your own decisions about this. Do you really want to marry him? " he asked her and a deadly glare was the response he got.
"Hahaha. Ok. Tell your family that you still need time. You still have a year to complete your studies. I'm sure they won't say no to that."
"What if they say they'll wait? " she questioned again.
He was silent for a while not knowing what to say. But at last it was his heart that pushed him out of the boundaries he had set up around their unsaid relationship.
"If they say it's only you, then he'll have to wait forever! You are mine Kruthi!" he said in a go.

YOU ARE MINE?
His words kept repeating in her mind as she stood rooted. These meant much more than the three usual words. The windows of his heart moistened and were oozing with love, care, trust and passion. Passion that now longed for something that would complete the moment. While patience took over his emotions, he decided to wait.

Clasping her hands, he bore into her eyes. "See Doctor I am not used to giving up on anything which is proudly mine."
She smiled and lowered her gaze. Much did she react to what he just said, though her insides wanted her to surrender that instant. But it wasn't the right time. Moreover she wasn't a girl with enough courage to execute such thoughts.
"If you feel better now, I'll walk you home." His words brought her out of the trance.

"I am yours Abhinav" she whispered holding his hand tightly as her tresses danced with the pleasent breeze.
It was half past midnight and the stars twinkled in the clear sky indicating how bright their future would be. The moon gleamed over the water puddles on the sidewalks, where the two walked hand in hand.

"So? "
"So... "
"Tell them your decision and be clear about it. I will talk to your mother when time comes."
"Sharadha Akka's condition made mother lose hopes in love marriage. I don't know what she'll say. I respect her words and love her immensly. But... I'm not ready to lose you either" she said.
"Geez! Finally my lady mustered up some valor. If you really do think you'll lose me, I'll come home right now. You know, sooner the better" he chuckled making her cheeks go red.
"Good night Abhi" she murmured as she left his hand and made way to her house door after silently closing the gate. He stood watching her, with hands tucked in his pocket as a smile crept over his face.
She is mine. Mine forever.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can we think about marriage after my studies" Samskruthi said lying on her sister's lap.
  It being a bright Saturday morning,  Samskruthi had a day off at college and chose to spend time with her lovely sister while her mother had gone to the temple.
"Tell me who he is Kruthi" Sharadha asked as she stopped caressing her hair, surprising Samskruthi.
She immediately sat straight looking afraid.
"He is Thanvi's uncle, isn't he? "

"But.... "
"I saw you two yesterday night. Actually you aren't the same from the past few days. Coming home late without informing, talking on the phone all night weren't things my sister used to do. Right?" she said without letting the frown off her face. "His family won't be a problem dear, but do you think Amma would approve for a love marriage? I already failed my parents and betrayed them once in life. Do you want to repeat it? Do you think she would have the strength to withstand it this time? "she continued.
Samskruthi bursted into tears as Sharadha held her close.
"I don't know what to do Akka. He...  I..." she sniffled uncontrollably.
"I didn't bring the topic into discussion for you to cry Kruthi. We have to find a way through this. I know you can't give up on him. Abhinav is a family man. His sister-in-law has told me about him. Look, let's not drag this too far."
She stopped sobbing and wiped her tears.
"Kruthi, we wouldn't want Amma to lose trust in you. Though yu haven't done anything wrong, unfortunately through the eyes of  families like ours', it is wrong. Why give a chance? I'll talk to Chaya today evening. After knowing their opinion, let his family come over. Let's make it an arranged alliance. Ok? I believe Amma will be happy with Abhinav and his family."

Samskruthi was speechless. She never imagined things would be solved so quickly and in such an easy way. She hugged her sister, not able to word her feelings as the former beamed with satisfaction.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'm sorry for the late update guys.
Thanks for waiting!(if you were 😛)

Do take time to drop a feedback if you can.
And again thank you so much!🙌
Hope you like the story update 😊

- Sri