Eventual happenings

Samskruthi had just switched the lights off putting her books back on the studyrack. She unlocked her phone, but to her disappointment it was from a company. She connected her phone to the charger and laid down, again thinking about the day. The meet, the conversation, all seemed magical to a girl who had never experienced such things. She craved for more now.
It was the same with Abhinav. Confused with the question of messaging her or not, he finally chose the second option and decided to see her by the class when he went to pick up Thanvi.

Three days passed and held up with a fortune of work, as he had a lot of projects coming in the beginning of the month, Abhinav couldn't make it to Thanvi's class in the evening. He had asked his Atthige to do the needful. Only he knew that it was reluctantly.
Samskruthi too had a strange mindset throughout the three days, unknowingly upset with not being able to see him. But she was busy studying distressfully for her upcoming exam. Also she had training sessions at college which had kept her awake overnight sometimes, for preparations.

That night she received a message again. After a while she opened to see that it was him this time.
Your dance was magnificent. 😀
She was delighted.
Thank you.
There was a few minutes of silence prevailing before her phone started vibrating.

Picking it up and she hesitantly walked to the balcony of her room and spoke softly

Picking it up and she hesitantly walked to the balcony of her room and spoke softly."Hello".
"Hi! Actually I was lazy to type. So.... " Abhinav said scratching his nose.
She giggled.
"Your dance was mind-blowing. "
"Thank you again. But wasn't that almost four days ago?" she murmured as slowly as she could.
"Yeah but I thought crediting you in the middle of the night on that day with a message would be awkward."
"Abhinav.. " The name said by her sounded so soothing to his ears.
"Hmm"
"It is the middle of the night now" she said making him hit his forehead.
"How stupid can you be Abhi?"he thought to himself.
"Actually.. Ahem.. Umm.. Samskruthi.. How about meeting up tomorrow? I mean.. after your classes?"
Though the relationship between them was undeclared, calling her for a meet-up didn't seem wrong at all to his conscience.
This time it was her turn to stand dumbstruck. She was a girl who would go to college, study, score well then return home straight. Samskruthi couldn't even remember the last time she went to a movie with her friends, not even in PU. But she didn't know how to deny this man's request. "Yes" she finally opined.
"Great! I'll pick you up by 4 in the evening in front of your college."
"Well.. I'm not sure.... Ok."
"See you then. Good night."he said before disconnecting.
Somehow talking to her gave him a feel of satisfaction. He felt refreshed and lively again after three days of continuous work. He himself didn't realize when his eyelids met sliding him to a peaceful slumber. Peaceful indeed!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Abhi! You're home so early? " asked an astonished Chaya as her brother-in-law entered the kitchen while she was still done with her chores after lunch. "It's still 3:00."
Munching on the cookies she'd kept on the shelf, "Atthige, today the new clients said they have other commitments and investing on our company would require a little time. So instead of working on those old projects, which don't even require my sign for time being, I came back home. " he explained.
She was listening carefully as she wiped the shelves.
"Hmm.. That's good. How about I make Horlicks while you go take a shower? And stop eating that damn thing. I don't know for what joy your brother brings all this junk food home" she said as she snatched the pack from his hand.
Chuckling he went upstairs and took a shower. He was back dressed handsomely in a black casual shirt and jeans with his hair combed in a proper way which was unusual in his habits. Messy hair.. That's what he rather preferred.

"Ahem!! Looks like something special's on it's way

"Ahem!! Looks like something special's on it's way. Or should I say, someone?" Chaya said handing him the glass of milk.
"Atthige, do you still think I'm a 10 year old going to school to drink this? Taller Stronger Sharper. Geez!!" he ranted.
"Well if my boy is trying to divert the topic, there's definitely something going on." she snapped.
Chaya was one person he could never lie to. She always managed to bring the truth out of the horse's mouth. Above all, they shared a level of comfort just like a mother and son, where he had all the liberty to talk his mind out and ask for any suggestions which she would heartfully give.
"OK.. Atthige.. I'm going to meet Samskruthi." he disclosed.
"What! " she said holding him by both his arms. "Abhi..Are you.. "
"No no there's nothing like that Atthige. I mean nothing yet. We only talk and just thought of meeting up. That's it."
"Whatever it is I like that girl Abhi. But don't you think she'd be in trouble if her family comes to know about her hanging around with you. They are pretty orthodox and traditional. Be careful" she said placing her hand on his cheek.
"Yes.. But.. "
"How about I talk to your brother about this. We can directly approach her family? " she interrupted.
"No! Please don't tell Anna anything yet Atthige. I think we are yet to reach that level of relationship. I can manage with the present ongoings. Let's wait."
"Ok then. Well, you carry on handsome. Cinderella would be waiting for her Prince Charming there" she laughed saying.
"Yeah yeah! Very funny! Atthige, you and your fantasy link ups!" he giggled as his sister-in-law pushed him out of the kitchen angrily.
"When will you be back? "she asked as he got on his motorcycle."Just a few hours!" he replied and rode away.