An Icy-Toasty Confession

Chapter number 10! Whipeeeee!😁

A hearty thanks and loads of gratitude to all you wonderful people who have been supporting this girl trying her hand on storywriting for the first time.🙌🙏 I really hope the updates aren't losing essence on the course(if at all the previous ones did make it up-to the mark.) Do keep the love coming 😉

So here it goes.......

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He parked the car when they reached the special place he was talking about and turned to see Samskruthi still asleep. A naughty strand of hair was playing on her face as the wind blew, which brought an urge in him to push it away and feel the delicate skin it laid on.
"We're here" he said gently tracing his knuckles tucking it behind
She rubbed her eyes slowly opening them.
"Isn't this Agumbe....! Oh we're at the sunset point!" she exclaimed like a child and got down. The atmosphere was cool being a ghat section and it had just stopped drizzling. The wind was dancing with leaves of the tall trees from where flowers showered on her. A sight Abhinav could not help being mesmerized with.
Chinuku poola haarale alluthunnadi mana kosam..(Drops of flowers are forming garlands for us)
He hummed again shaking his head, laughing at himself. Not just a garland but a flower garden of love was what he held in his heart where he would securely make his precious lady live lifelong.

She stood facing the horizon at the view point rubbing her palms, gawking at the extravaganzit scenery, when she felt something warm slide along her arms and gasped closing her eyes realising that it was him

She stood facing the horizon at the view point rubbing her palms, gawking at the extravaganzit scenery, when she felt something warm slide along her arms and gasped closing her eyes realising that it was him. He embraced her from behind covering her with his jacket, while his breath fanned her shoulder as he nuzzled into her neck curve. Her insides fluttered as he slowly snaked their arms around her waist folding both of them on her front.
"Beautiful right..? You have no idea how dreadful it was to not see you for five long days, how incomplete I felt in your absence" he whispered in her ears.
She leaned back on his chest as he tightened his grip thus holding her closer if there was any space left.
"Would you share the rest of your life with me and complete me? Will you marry me Samskruthi?" he murmured.
She turned to him still in his arms and looked up into his eyes. Her heartbeat was racing with his, while he waited for a response.
"Do you think I can live a life which is not like this everyday? Abhinav.. I love you! " she confessed.

He could feel her heart speeden up more as he directed himself to her lips cupping her cheeks. Their hot breaths were creating an uncontrollable desire in them. But he bent her head, gently placed a peck on the forehead and looked at her who stared back confused.

"Trust me. I can wait till I religiously vow to be your better half in front of the holy fire, being witnessed by our families. Let's not lose ourselves yet. It's getting late. Shall we?" he said and turned to leave towards the car, but stopped when he felt a tug at his elbow.
"I believe you know where to stop us" she said, finding him awestruck but equally delighted with the invitation.

This time fervency took over his conscience.Without another word, he pulled her to him and let his lips meet her's. The sound of the crystal-clear brooks and waterfalls, foggy surrounding, cool weather, pleasent sunset, and the warmth they shared in eachother's embrace made it go passionate. She encircled her arms around him tufting his hair as he devoured his possessions. The jacket which had all the while done its job of keeping her warm was no more useful as the flames of desire he exhaled in her mouth were heating up her entire body.
The shower of emotions unwillingly ended when the sun found its way behind the green, ravishing hills.

Agumbe ghats

Agumbe ghats

She timidly hid in his chest where he held her closely, before facing him.
"I can stay like this forever, but then we'd have to book a hotel. I mean....we can't even reach home by tomorrow morning" he said using his forefinger to lift her chin. She smiled shyly before he placed another peck on her teary eye moving the strand of hair on it.
"What have you done to my heart Kruthi? It's crazy about you.
And now my lips join the list" he winked teasing her as they walked to the car.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Nothing with onion and garlic! Today is Sankashti(a day on which food is generally not taken or atleast taken without onion and garlic.)
she whined in front of the hotel where Abhinav ordered food to eat on their way.
"Oh god!This girl will turn me into a saint after marriage! What in the world would you possibly get in a hotel without onions?"
She smiled as he got in with the parcel of food.
"Why's there only one pack? " she asked.
"For obvious reasons. There are two spoons anyway" he replied. "But how do I eat while driving?"

"Culprit! I know you better than that. Stop acting! "she said as fed him who ate nonetheless better than a toddler.
"We could have stopped to have dinner. Why eat messily like this while driving?" she giggled seeing his shirt stained by the curry.
"You sure do have this habit of asking questions to which you already have an answer within. Is it because you wanna hear it from me? Well.....I couldn't have found a better opportunity to eat from your hands. At least until.. You know.. " he huskily replied with that infectious wink of his which never failed to bring shivers in Samskruthi. He didn't miss the chance of biting her finger, in turn receiving an furious look. That's all she would possibly do or else sniffle making her face go pink at situations of extreme anger.

He paced with the wind as they still had to travel for 2 more hours to reach Bangalore in time.
"Abhi please slow down. We still have time. I don't like it when you drive like this especially on highways"
He was brushing against her hands pretending to reach for the gear box while she ranted.
"What do I get in return if I listen to you? "
"I'm serious. Please."
"I'll make sure our kids don't behave like you! Scared of speed! Kruthi.. " he said in disbelief shaking his head.
She turned to the window while her cheeks were adorned by red hue which he observed in the meek light. He stretched his arm to touch them and suddenly.....

HONK............................

He tried diverting to his left as a truck approached in the wrong direction but unfortunately crashed into a lightpole due to extreme speed.

The last he saw through his blurred vision was his beloved resting completely on the dashboard. Mumbling her name, he closed his eyes from where a stream of warm tears lined his cheeks.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Feedback appreciated🙆😊