Bonus chapter 1

Hi everyone! Here's a one-shot on the same story. Presuming you all liked this fanfic and I also after receiving a request to write a short continuation, I decided to update. I'll continue if you like the first shot. Kept it simple though.
Please tell me how it is!
AnushkaKumar6 this one's especially for you dear!
.. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..

"Ammulu hurry up. Or here, let me carry you."

"No Mamma. I can walk by myself. My teacher said I'm a big girl now!"
Little Akruthi tightened  the grip over her her mother's fingers.

Final call.
Flight number 18US300 KIA, Bangalore to LAX, California departing in forty five minutes.
Thank you.

Slipping the vanity bag down her shoulder, Samskruthi dug into it in search of their passports and boarding passes.

"Have a nice flight madam." the attendant greeted.

"Thank you."
The moment froze when she felt empty gaps between her fingers, soon realizing that her daughter was missing. Turning around, she found her near a confectionery counter at a short distance. Sighing, she shook her head and paced towards the naughty toddler.

"Doughnuts, Mamma!"
Akruthi was sure mother was fuming. Frowning, she pointed at a tray of goodies with her tiny finger while the other hand nearly stuck to the glass. Her Rapunzel Princess strap-bag clung to her back as she raised to the tip of her toes to peek at more stuff.

"Akruthi!" Samskruthi warned in a low tone.
"Remember what I said?"

(Meet Akruthi guys! The little one year old baby we'd saw back then is now three and a half years

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Meet Akruthi guys! The little one year old baby we'd saw back then is now three and a half years. She goes to a Montessori. Say Hi!)

The child nodded her head obediently and handed Samskruthi her little bag. Samskruthi knelt down only to kiss those chubby cheeks and carried her.

"We have to board the plane now bangaaru. Let us get you something inside. OK?"

"You mean muffins? And cupcakes too!"

"Yes, but for that you must listen to me. No running away without my consent again! Understand?"
- - - -

Placing Akruthi on the seat, she settled next to her and pulled a small sweater out of their hand luggage before shoving it into the overhead baggage box.

"Hands up."

"But Mamma!"

"You'll catch a cold if you don't wear this Ammulu. Then you can't eat popsicles and ice-creams. Do you want that to happen? Pappa won't be happy."

Akruthi's face faltered looking at her mom who forced a smile.

"Are we going to see him?"

Before she could answer, the passengers were asked to switch off their electronic appliances while the instructions were given.
Samskruthi managed to drop a message, telling that they reached safe, to her sister Sharadha and brother-in-law, Surya before doing the needful.

"Mamma, I also want to be like her."
Akruthi spoke in a muffled voice twisting the triangular nose of her teddy bear.

"Bad manners! You shouldn't speak while eating, bangaaru. Well, you want to be an air hostess? I thought you would want to be a doctor like Mamma or engineer like Pappa." she chuckled opening a sandwich pack.

"No! Because then, I have to stay away from you like Pappa."

Samskruthi wrapped her food and kept it back. Her eyes moistened, but she didn't want to hurt the baby's feelings further.

"Ammulu even air hostesses stay away from their families, you know?"

"But I will ask pilot uncle to give you a seat. Yes Goldie, I promise to take you too!" she squeezed the toy and placed a sloppy kiss on it.

Samskruthi smiled and plugged the earphones of her iPod as the little one fell asleep.
- - - -

"Srinivas uncle! How are you?" Samskruthi hugged an old man at the entrance of the airport. He blessed her and carried Akruthi pecking her nose.

"Thatha!" she squealed cupping his cheeks and pulled his grey moustache.

Srinivas Sharma was Abhinav's guide in business. The elderly man was alone after his entire family passed away in an accident. He considered Abhinav to be his son and always strived for the betterment of the latter's company.

"She has not left this habit, Amma." he winced opening the car door.

"Old habits die hard Uncle. She used to do this to Abhi when she was a year old."

They conversation prolonged till they reached the house. A modest duplex dwelling with a front and backyard. There was a fenced rose garden beside it. Maple wood floors, teak furniture and beige walls, just the way Samskruthi wished. It was her dream home!

"You two wouldn't have had enough rest. Freshen up for now, Amma. I think I'll be late today. Don't wait for dinner."

"Uncle you're sixty five. What's the necessity?" Samskruthi was disappointed that he couldn't stay back with them. She always advised him to take care of himself, especially control his sugar level.
'Diabetes is wretched. Atleast take the pills I've prescribed, if you don't get time for regular check-ups.' she repeated each time they met.

"Your husband. You know, sooner the better!"
He patted her head and left closing the door behind.

- - - -

"....and he hopped on the pony and rode away! Isn't it nice Mamma?"
Akruthi narrated a small fairytale to her mother while being given a bath. More than the gibberish, the way she explained with widened eyes, throwing bubbles in the bathtub to the air, seemed extremely adorable.

Samskruthi pecked the cutie's lips and dressed her up in a green legging and white sweatshirt, combing her hair to two high ponies.

"My Barbie!"

She pinched her cheeks and headed towards the corner of the house where she had got a beautiful prayer room designed. Lighting the lamp and incandescent sticks, she bowed in front of the idols. Preparing breakfast was the first task now. She hated cereals and instant food mixes, which is why she preferred locking that cupboard for the upcoming two weeks and let her magical hands do the trick in her kitchen.

 She hated cereals and instant food mixes, which is why she preferred locking that cupboard for the upcoming two weeks and let her magical hands do the trick in her kitchen

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Akruthi explored the garden and secretly crept into the neighbor's backyard to have a look at their golden retriever pup, Pluto, inspite of her mother's warnings. The outdoor games fascinated her better than the indoor ones, though the house had a separate playroom for her filled with stuffed animals, crayons and other chicflik toys.
- - - -

Soon after reading Akruthi her bedtime story, Samskruthi tucked her into bed and went back to the kitchen to get the dishes done. Wiping her forehead, she set the utensils and plates in the dishwasher.

Happiness sunk into her heart like water into a dry sponge. She finally felt that touch she'd been craving for. Tears streamed down as the grip tightened around her chest.
It was something that none of these luxuries could give her throughout the day.

.. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..