Bliss

She was playing with the shiny diamond ring on her finger sitting in the middle of a pile of books. It had been nearly two years since she'd been doing the same. A gentle smile curved on her glowing face as she commemorated the wonderful moments.

After she had completely recovered, Abhinav and Samskruthi sealed their relationship sliding rings on eachother's fingers and the final step, which was marriage was to be held two years after their engagement

After she had completely recovered, Abhinav and Samskruthi sealed their relationship sliding rings on eachother's fingers and the final step, which was marriage was to be held two years after their engagement. After the simple affair, Samskruthi resided to Pune for practicing. Though Bangalore had a lot of offers, it was her own fiancé who insisted on opting for a place which would let her concentrate on studies and studies only. It was just that, for him, her career was an important consent too. He was well aware that he couldn't keep himself away from her after the families' approval.

Did she strive all these years for nothing? Let her completely get over with her studies Amma. I will be busy with my commitments anyway. There's no hurry. was how he had managed to finally recieve a nod from his dear mother-in-law to be. Swarnalatha was stubborn with her decision of not sending her daughter to a far off place for the latter's final course in medical, though it was practicing under one of the most prestigious associations. This wasn't something Samskruthi expected either. She knew her mother would not let her stay alone. It was her wish to get Samskruthi married first and then let her continue with whatever she left behind. But how could she ever say no to her endearing son-in-law to be? The bond this man shared with each and every member of both their families always took Samskruthi by amazement. One proud wife she would be.
But another important reason that had Abhinav advising her to do so, was the report. He had kept it a secret all along and wanted it to be the same until he would find the right time to open up in front of her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
There was nearly a month left for the big day. While the families got busy with the arrangements and other work, days were pacing up in quite a tempo.

Sharadha sped to the door on hearing the doorbell and swung it open knowing who it was. Samskruthi was back to Bangalore for good. Her visits all along were occasional and short, but this time it was after the 3 years wait, she would be tying knot with her love.
The sisters hugged eachother while their mother came running from the prayer room to recieve her daughter. The family of three was again to be seen.

After freshening up, a long phone call with her fiance was what Samskruthi had. It was then she got to know that both the families had decided to take up the day to go for jewellery shopping.
And off they were. Samskruthi, Abhinav and Thanvi in his sedan while Arun's SUV accommodated the others, giving the couple some privacy after a long time.
Samskruthi had Thanvi seated on her lap in the passenger seat as she keenly listened to all the that her little niece excitedly spoke about. Nothing had changed in the last few years. The sight brought a sense of happiness and pride in Abhinav. The drive continued with a few words, secret glances and naughty touches.

 The drive continued with a few words, secret glances and naughty touches

"Abhi come here. We want to see if this fits." This was the umpteenth time poor Abhinav was called from the lobby where he and his brother sat accompanying eachother. The ladies had literally invaded the place. They were all over the huge shop.
"Maapale(son-in-law in Tamil)! See if you like this" Swarnalatha said placing a gold bracelet on his wrist.
"It's nice as long as you like it Amma. And please do call me by my name. This formal addressing is embarrassing actually." he said scratching his forehead as Swarnalatha smiled. Just as he turned to leave towards the lobby,
"Abhi.. How's this?" Chaya pulled him to another end showing a handsome twisted gold chain.
"Abhinav! Samskruthi is calling you at the earrings section. She's alone man, go help her." Arun was his rescuer of the moment. Everyone cleared their throat while Thanvi laughed at the ongoings.
"Umm.. Ahem.. First.. first floor right? I'll go Anna" he mumbled while Arun nudged him. Now leaving Arun as the victim, Abhinav merrily hummed away.

Samskruthi was busy trying on a pair of jhumkas when she recognized through the display glass pane, a reflection of who's eyes were constantly gazing at her.

She smiled shyly and turned to him

"Why didn't you ring me up instead of sending word with Anna? It was pretty embarrassing up there" he said walking to her, rubbing his nape.
"Me? When did I send word?" Samskruthi asked amusingly.
"What? You didn't? Anna!!" he said shaking his head to which she bursted laughing. That irresistible laughter of her's always drove him crazy.
Seeing her struggle with an earring he went forward to lend a hand.
"What are you doing Abhi? This is a public place? Won't people around see us? " She anxiously looked around.
"Stand still, almost done. I'm not kissing you here, just trying to help out. Talking about kissing.... " he whispered winking.
"Umm.. Excuse me.. Please pack this," she turned suddenly blushing like a cherry.
"I actually want you to see something. Come" he said as he held her hand.

Taking her to the parking lot, he wrapped his arm around her waist pinning her with his other hand as she leaned on the window of his car.
"What is all this in broad daylight?" she giggled struggling to get out of his hold.
"Shh! I deserve this atleast this much after such a long time!" he said as his lips neared her face. He pecked her nose while she tried pushing him but in vain.
"Oh come on doctor! Is that all I get?" he frowned and Samskruthi's phone started ringing.
"No. I'd forgotten my... phone.. Yeah my phone in the car.. We'll be there in a few seconds Akka." she said cutting the call. Seeing his adorable, angry face, she chuckled and placed a quick peck on his cheek before moving out of his reach.
The seven of them left the shop after a conversation with the designers about placing an order for special handmade gold jewellery for the bride and new silver articles which were required to be given from her side to the groom.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Namaskaram everyone 🙏😄
I know I was really late this time. Apologies! Hope you liked this chapter and hold on there's more coming!
Do drop a comment if it was appealing 😃
~Sri