Guilt by death

Optimus charged at Galvatron, and Galvatron to Optimus. Galvatron roared as his hand collided with Optimus’ shield. “Give me the boy!” Galvatron bellowed. Optimus didn’t answer as he threw Galvatron back, causing him to stumble. Behind them, Sideswipe was gliding around the clearing, avoiding contact with the decepticons. He jumped up and swung around a tree, his feet colliding with Ransacks face. Vector pulled Ransack up as he fell to the ground, and threw him into the air. Ransack launched grapples into Vectors shoulders, who roared and thrashed around, pulling Ransack back down to Earth. Bulkhead was battling with both Thunderblast and Ramjet, but they were still eaqually matched. Thunderblast was charging around Bulkhead, hitting him from all the angles she could, while Ramjet punches Bulkhead in any place he can get to. But Bulkhead is huge, way bigger than any of the other Transformers, and he uses this to his advantage. He quickly grabs Ramjet and sends him flying off into the distance. Ramjet, sensing defeat, transforms mid-throw and flies off.

   “Coward!” Roared Galvatron, who had stumbled and fallen to the ground. “You’re weak, Galvatron.” Optimus said, placing his blade to Galvatrons neck. “Give up, and return the Earth to the humans.”

   “Are you really so stupid to think that the humans are capable of running this planet peacefully?” Galvatron questioned. “We are above them in all ways, yet you still fight to be ruled by them, why?”

   “This is not our world. I do not deny we are more intelligent than the humans, but our capacity for war is greater than theres. So if you insist on bringing the war to Earth, then so be it.” Optimus is sent flying across the clearing as Galvatron regains his strength. He drops his sword and shield on impact, and they fly into the woods. He sits up, and watches Galvatron get to his feet. “If you respect the humans so much, then let them die with dignity. Give me the boy, and the matrix.”

   “Why?”

   “Eternal life, my dear brother. I will rule this pathetic rock for all eternity.”

  “No, you won’t” Landmine jumps on Galvatron through the clearing. Galvatron jumps, but quickly disposes of Landmine, by throwing him into Bulkhead, who stumbles and falls, dragging down at least 100 trees. Thunderblast sees her opportunity and jumps onto Bulkhead to finish him off, but Landmine is up and on her immetiately.

   Galvatron smiles and looks back at Optimus. But he is already on his feet and charging. Galvatron stands there, as if waiting for impact, and then, wham! Optimus stops in his tracks. Galvatron has stuck his fist out, and Optimus ran right into it. Winded, Optimus falls to his knees. Galvatron kneels with him, and pulls the matrix from his chest. “I’ll expect the boy at the White house tomorrow evening at the latest. Bring him, or I will kill you. Decepticons, withdraw!” Galvatron walks into the woods, transforms and flies off. Optimus falls to the ground as Thunderblast transforms and drives away with Ransack. Landmine runs forwards and holds up Optimus’ head. His eyes are flickering. Landmine looks at Sideswipe, who nods and runs into the woods. Optimus looks at Landmine, “Take the boy to him.”

   His eyes flicker and go out. Ratchet is on the scene in minutes, crouching over Optimus. The other autobots gather around to see Optimus. Adam steps out of Hotshot as he transforms.

***

I stared at Optimus. He seemed, peaceful. The only evidence of there being a battle around here is the rubble and collapsed trees. Hours seemed to pass in minutes as we stared at Optimus, on the floor. It was clear just from looking at him that his spark had gone out. It brought everything that had happened into perspective. We’re fighting a war, a seemingly endless war. I realise that now. This war was going on long before me and my dad was born, and it’s never going to end.