Chapter 4

Klaus' POV
Once we arrived at the mall, Rue and Rebekah ran off while we caught up to them. I lifted Rue into my arms and held her on my hip, I smiled and then she dragged us to stores.
After an hour in a store, Elijah, Rebekah and I abandoned Rue and Kol in the Disney store and sat outside the store.
After 10 minutes, Kol walked out with Rue on his back upside down, I chuckled then walked to him.
Kol said" She's crazy."
Rue said" You're crazy! I won't let you eat some of my candy!"
" See, she's crazy." 
" Evil Uncle Kol!"
I took Rue from his back and put her down, she smiled and then walked to Elijah, they walked off.
----
Kol and Rue were playing in the yard, i looked out the window and saw Rue running through yard happily. Then she tackled Kol, sitting on his stomach, then fell to the grass, laughing. I smiled,
Rebekah said" Ah, didn't I tell you this?"
I said" Yes, you did. And you were very right. They're like two peas in a pod."
" Yes, they are. And there goes Kol." I looked out the window and saw Kol running away from Rue before getting tackled by the hyperactive 7 year old, I laughed as Kol looked my way then glared at me.
Once the two came in at night, Rue was sleepy and instantly ready for bed. I said" You can go to bed soon, little one, you have to eat dinner first then take a bath."
She mumbled" But too sleepy."
" I know, little one, but you've got to eat, and I think bath time can wait for morning." and lifted her into my arms, carrying her to the table, I sat her down.
Rebekah said" Kol, you tired out the poor girl, now she can barely keep her head up."
Kol said" Sorry, I'm fun, you lot aren't."
We started eating, after a few moments of silence from next to me, I turned and saw Rue asleep, her head in her arms and her plate pushed away. I smiled, then stood up, lifting her into my arms and then carrying her up to her room. I put her into her bed and tucked her in, I kissed her head then walked out, turning on her nightlight. I walked downstairs, to my siblings, I said" She's asleep before 8:30, that's quite a surprise."
Elijah said" Usually, she's up till nearly 11, after desert of course."
Kol said" Now, can we talk about the problem, I returned for?"
I said" The Salvatore's, came up to Rue at the park, they seemed to want to know something but Rue is far smarter than they are. And if the Salvatore's are up to something, you know the Mystic Falls group won't be far behind."
" Ah, so what shall we do? Threaten them? Rip Damon's heart out or Stefan's?"
" We're taking it the safe route, I will not let my daughter get damaged by our doings."
" Alright, safe route, what's that?"
" We see what they're going to do, then if my daughter comes in any harm, you have the full rights to rip out every single person's heart that had to do with it."
" Good."
---
I woke up to Rue's quiet, sleepy voice whispering" Daddy... daddy..."
I said" Yes, little one, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I sat up then looked at her,
" I had a nightmare."
" What was it about?"
" I don' know, there was a lot of red, sticky paint."
" Come here." She walked to me and then I pulled her up onto the bed, she cuddled into me, and then fell back to sleep. Most of her nightmares never worry me, but this one with blood did worry me, no 7 year old child should have those nightmares.
I woke up, and stood up, lifting Rue into my arms and carrying her to her room. I laid her down and walked out, going to get dressed.
Once I walked downstairs, Rue was sitting with Kol while he was reading a story to her. The story was none other than Beauty and The Beast, but it was her version of the story, that I wrote for her when she was only a baby. I leaned against the wall, watching the two interact, Rue was quite the shy one so it was strange to see her interacting with someone that she only met recently. I smiled then walked out and into the kitchen, Rebekah smiled, then nodded to the two on the couch.
She whispered" Quite the pair, those two. She's so shy, I'm surprised she's not attached to your hip."
I whispered" I guess she can tell that he's family."
" Yeah, she's smarter than her father for sure."
I said" Rue! Your aunt just insulted me!" I heard Rue erupt with giggles and she ran into the kitchen, with Kol on her heel. I smiled,
Rue said" How?"
" She said you were smarter than me, that's an insult."
" She's wrong! You are smarter than me 'cause you're older, super older than me!" She smiled,
" Yeah, I am." She squeaked as I tickled her stomach and then she took off running. I smiled then shook my head as she slid straight into the wall and huffed." Are you alive, Little one?"
" Yeah!"
" How hard did you hit the wall this time?"
" Maybe a 6." She walked back to us and pouted," I'm clumsy."
" I know, I've been the one bandaging your cuts and bruises for 7 years."
She giggled," I know, daddy. Uncle Kol, you'll like the candy shop, let's go!"
Kol said" Yeah, lets go. I'll run us there."
I said" Be careful with her, Kol!"
" I know, I know." He smiled at us then lifted her up into his arms then sped off. I shook my head, then turned to Rebekah,
She said" Thick as thieves those two will be when she's older."
I said" Yeah, and I'll be the one having to chase those two down."
" Yeah, and that will be hilarious, especially when they dodge you."
" I know."