Chapter 13

Rue's POV
We moved to New Orleans, I'm 13 years old and live in a very creepy place. This is gonna be fun.
I walked to my dad, I said" You used to live here?"
My dad said," Yes, darling."
" This place is creepy."
" No it's not, you're just not used to it."
" How many people died here?"
" You shouldn't be asking questions of that to a vampire, darling."
" I'm the daughter of a psychopath!" He smiled at me, then sped to me and hugged me,
" Yes, you are."
" I'm the daughter and niece of psycho maniacs." Uncle Kol walked in,
He laughed, saying" I heard my name being called." He smirked,
" Uncle Kol!" My dad let go of me and I ran after Uncle Kol, jumping and tackling him to the ground, sitting on his back.
" Love You too, darling." He stood up and carried me on his back, as we walked to Uncle Elijah.
Uncle Elijah said" Living with psycho maniacs?" He looked at me with a raised eye brow and a smirk,
I said" Which now includes the noble Uncle Elijah."
" Darling, you didn't know your father was a psychopath?"
" I knew! I just wanted to forget it, for a while, you know till I start dating!"
My dad said" You're never dating." As he walked past us," Ever."
" Dad! Come on!"
" Not happening, darling!" He laughed as he saw my pout then Uncle Kol chuckled, putting me down, Aunt Rebekah came in.
She said" Are these boys annoying you, darling? And you will date, just not yet, I would like my girl for a little longer." I smiled, hugging her tightly and laughing as my dad gave her a fake death glare and then broke when he saw me laughing.

I was up in my new room, my dad and uncles made it so I would actually like it and upside, if I have a nightmare, my dad and uncles are closer to me than in the mansion. I looked around and then laid on my bed, I turned over and looked at the ceiling. Someone knocked on my door, then opened the door, Uncle Kol said" How are you adjusting?"
I said" It's weird. The ceilings so plain."
" Well, let's change that, shall we?"
" How?"
" Look at me." I looked at him and saw he had a whole bunch of decorations, including my favorite fairy lights and glow in the dark stars." There's that smile I love to see, now let's get decorating while your father and my siblings are out." I nodded excitedly then we started decorating my room to look beautiful.

Once we were done, my room was pretty awesome, I smiled then looked at Uncle Kol. He said" Good job, darling, and now you have everything you've ever wanted."
I said" Yeah." He smiled, then tilted his head," What?" He shushed me and then sped to me, holding me tightly. I gulped, then wrapped my arms around his neck as he sped us out of my room and out to the balcony.
He whispered" Stay right here and don't move." I nodded, then he was gone again, I crouched down and sat down. I looked around, as I waited for him to return and get me.
After 30 minutes, I started to get worried, I whimpered then texted my dad
To dad:
I think someone's in the palace. Uncle Kol hasn't come back yet and it's been 30 minutes.

I heard someone open my door and then search my room, I gulped then looked around, and saw a stick, Hopefully this thing's a vampire. I held the stick firmly in my hands and waited for the balcony door to open. It opened and a man said" Found her." He walked to me and tried to grab me but I cut him with the stick, he hissed at me then I saw his fangs and his eyes changed. I stood up and stood my ground, I was shaking like crazy, he hissed and tried to speed to me but I turned around and stabbed him under the rib cage. He choked then sped off, I sighed then after a few minutes, I saw my uncle Elijah. He held out his hand,
He said" It's Alright, Give me the stick, darling." My shaky hands gave him the stick and I nearly fell but he caught me and lifted me up into his arms. He kissed my head, then walked us through my room and to the stairs." Close your eyes, Darling." I closed my eyes, then nuzzled into his shirt, I'm scared and I want comfort.

Kol's POV
I sped away from Rue, then downstairs, I saw Marcellus and a few other Vampires. Marcel said" Kol Mikaelson, Where's Klaus?"
I said" Don't know."
" Where's his daughter?"
" What daughter?"
" Little Mikaelson, stirred up a few things in Mystic Falls when she was only a kid. Rue Mikaelson, age 13."
" I don't know who you're talking about, Marcellus."
" Find her." The other Vampires started to walk in different directions, I hissed then sped to each of them, attacking them to protect Rue. One of them made it to the stairs, I turned and ran to him but then Marcel grabbed the back of my neck and threw me down, then the other vampire plunged a stake into my heart, I gasped and then everything went black as I died momentarily.
Once I woke up, Elijah was standing over me, I jumped up, then said" Rue!" Trying to go to her but He stopped me and pointed to my shirt," She's on the balcony." He nodded then sped away, I sighed then sped to my room and changed my shirt, I sped back downstairs and started cleaning up the mess I had made and probably Elijah since I don't remember killing one of these guys. Elijah walked down with Rue in his arms, she was shaking from fear.
He said" Close your eyes, darling." She closed her eyes and nuzzled into him more, she's petrified. I walked to them and rubbed her hair,
I said" Rue, are you okay?"
She shook her head,Mumbling" I want Daddy."
" He's on his way, darling, he'll be here any minute." She nodded, holding Elijah's shirt in her fists, she's always been more clingy to us when she's scared but when she's like this all her mind goes to is being comforted by her father. She won't calm down unless she's in his arms, and Nik loves it since he never had that.
Once Nik came through the doors, his anger instantly disappeared as he saw Rue. Elijah walked to him and he held out his arms to take Rue, Rue whined from being moved since she had nearly fallen asleep, but the second she noticed she was in her father's arms she stopped and cuddled into his chest and continued to sleep. Nik closed his eyes then opened them,
He said" Marcel is going to pay for this. Even if it means I have to kill him." Elijah and I both nodded, then he walked upstairs to put her in a proper bed.