Chapter 12

Kol's POV
Once rue fell asleep warm in her bed, I watched her for a few moments before walking to the door. I opened it and saw Nik, I glared at him then walked away, He said" Brother, Kol, I'm sorry."
I said" You, Niklaus Mikaelson the original hybrid, sorry?"
" Yes, I'm sorry. You only meant to make her smile and I'm the one who's meant to care for her and I lost her, and I'm sorry."
" You're forgiven, Brother. But that's for me, now you've got your daughter to get forgiveness from, good luck."
" I know."

Klaus's pov
Once morning came, I walked into the kitchen and saw Rue sitting on Kol's lap and playing a game on his phone.
I said" Rue, princess, can we talk?" Rue ignored me," Rue, can you look me, please?"
Kol said" Darling, go talk with your dad, I'll be right here when you come back." Rue got up and walked to me, she looked at me, I smiled at her and tried to rub her head but she moved away from me.
" Rue, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean a word I said, I'm super sorry."
Rue said" No!"
" Princess, I'm really sorry, I'll never ever say that again, okay? I didn't mean a word of it, I promise, baby girl." I crouched down in front of her, looking up at her, giving her the best smile I could muster, tilting my head, and holding her hands." I love you, so, so much, princess, please don't be mad at me anymore."
" You look like a puppy."
" Am I forgiven?"
" I don't know." Then walked back to Kol, I sighed then stood up, walking away from her.

Kol's POV
Rue came back into my arms after I heard her say" I don't know."
I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head, I said" You okay, darling?"
" No."
" Wanna cuddle and watch Disney movies?"
" Yeah." I lifted her up and carried her to her room, she let go of me as we got to her bed. I laid next to her and turned on a Disney movie, she cuddled into me," Uncle Kol, is daddy gonna get rid of me?"
" 'Course not, darling, he loves you so much. He'll never get rid of you."
" But he's mad at me."
" He's not mad, darling, he's sad at himself, he's made you upset."
She cuddled into my side, and we watched the colorful movie play on.

We watched Disney movies all day long, didn't leave Rue's room at all, well she didn't, I got food for us. Rue was running low on energy, her head fell against my chest, but continued to look at the laptop.
I said" I think it's time for another story, huh?"
She mumbled" Okay, Uncle Kol."
I smiled, then lifted her onto my lap, saying" There was once a knight, he was quite the wily of them all, he was always playing pranks and messing with his siblings. His siblings hated him so much because he was so carefree and playful. So every time he went out of hand, his older brother would lock him away. Because of that, he hated his older siblings but then one day, the king, his older brother brought a princess into his world and he changed his ways for the young child. The king didn't lock away the knight so the princess could have fun and have a friend along with her family. The knight became very protective of the young princess knowing her innocence was pure and he wanted to keep it that way for as long as he could, the king became reckless. So when the little princess ran away from the castle, the knight was scared that someone would take her away, the king was only worried for his daughter. The king found the princess and brought her home, the knight took her away and didn't let the king see her till he knew she was safe and sound. The knight soon learned that family was everything to the king and let the king see his daughter, and then everything was okay again..." I stopped as I saw her head slump and she was asleep, I smiled then moved her onto the bed and kissed her head. I laid down and closed my eyes, falling asleep, knowing she wouldn't like me leaving her.

Once I woke up, it was morning and the door opened, I saw Nik at the doorway.
He said" She's still angry at me, isn't she?"
I said" Most definitely."
" What do you think I could do to get her to forgive me?"
" I don't know, Brother, try sweets, that's how Elijah gets her away from him."
" Bribery with sweets, Kol?"
" Yes, she's a child, sweets and cartoons are what she Depends on for life."
" What story were you telling last night?"
" Her stories."
" Of course."
He left as Rue squirmed while waking up, I smiled at her as she looked at me and then smiled back. She mumbled" Hi."
I said" Hey, darling, wanna get up?"
" Sure." We both got up, and walked downstairs,
" I'm going to get dressed, I guess Aunt Bexs made some breakfast, so go eat, I'll be back soon."
" Okay." I walked off as she walked to the kitchen, I listened it as I saw Nik walk past me.

Nik said" Rue, I love so much, and I never meant to say those words. I wasn't thinking, I promise."
Rue said" But why did you say them?"
" I don't know, Rue, I was just an idiot, okay?"
" Okay, Daddy, I forgive you." I smiled then got dressed, walking back downstairs, I sped into the kitchen, lifting Rue up and spinning her around, she squeaked then held onto my arms as I stopped and I sat down with her on my lap.
Nik said" Don't make her sick, Kol, you know how easily she gets sick from spinning." I kissed Rue's head, then put her into the seat.
She said" Meanie Uncle Kol!"
I said" I know, darling."
" I want 3 bars of chocolate by in an hour."
" Fine. See you in an hour." Then I sped off away from the father daughter duo.