Chapter 7

Klaus' POV
I watched as Rue's head tilted as she fell asleep, I was reading her a story, but closed the journal and put her plush in her arms. I walked out and downstairs, I sat next to Kol as he tapped his leg. I said" She's asleep, shall we get going now?"
Kol said" Where's Rebekah and Elijah? Someone has to be here in case she wakes."
" Elijah is here in the library, Rebekah has gone out, but will be joining us soon."
" Alright, let's go."
" Alright."

Once we got to the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon opened the door, he smirked then crossed his arms over his chest. He said" Yes?"
I said" I should rip your heart out of your chest for messing with my little brother... and daughter."
" Ha! Daughter, that weak kid, there's no way."
" She's stronger than she appears, for she is a Mikaelson."
" Yeah, not really."
I sped and pinned him to the wall, he chuckled, Stefan came in but Kol sped to him and pinned him to the floor. He started choking Stefan," Now, where were we?"
" What? You guys rescued them, what did we do now?"
" What did you do to her head? There was a cut on her head before I healed it with my blood."
" Oh, that was to get Kol to break, but he didn't and you guys rescued them before we could try again with a better cut on a vein, possibly."
Kol said" Oh, you-" he pushed his hand into Stefan's ribcage, Stefan gasped and choked. Damon flinched, then Stefan gasped as Kol pulled his hand out." Mess with my niece again, and I will rip your heart out and everyone's you care about without hesitation." He stood up and I smirked, I let go of Damon and we walked out. We were stopped by Bonnie Bennet, I growled as she started saying an incantation that caused Kol and I to fall to our knees. She walked to us and continued to the incantation, Kol groaned then all I saw was darkness.

Elijah's POV
It's the next day, Kol and Niklaus went to ask the Salvatore's what they had done to Rue, but they never came back. Neither did Rebekah, which was quite strange, I walked upstairs to Rue's room and opened the door. She was just waking up, rubbing her small eyes. She mumbled" Where's daddy?"
I said" I... I don't know, come along, get dressed and then we'll go find them." She nodded and got up as I walked out of the room and downstairs.
Once she walked down, I lifted her into my arms and held her on my hip, she frowned not seeing or hearing Kol or Rebekah. She said" Uncle Elijah, where's everyone?"
I said" That's what we're about to find out, Rue." She nodded, then held onto me as I started walking out the door then sped to the car, I put her into the backseat and then got into the driver's seat and started driving to Mystic Falls.

Once we arrived there, Rue gave me a confused look before unbuckling and getting out. I stood next to her and held her hand as we started walking, Jeremy and Elena Gilbert soon show up, Elena said" Elijah... what are you doing here?"
I said" I've come to retrieve my siblings, now."
" We don't have them."
" Kol and Niklaus came to talk with Stefan and Damon last night, they didn't return home. Neither did Rebekah after she was supposed to be meeting them."
" We don't have them. I'm not lying, we found Bonnie knocked out in the driveway at the boarding house. She couldn't remember anything and we haven't been able to find Stefan or Damon all morning."
I heard my Niece's small voice say" Uncle Elijah, where's daddy?" She's scared,
I said" I don't know just yet, princess, but I'll find him and your aunt and uncle, okay?"
" Okay." I turned back to Elena and Jeremy,
Elena said" She really doesn't know anything, does she?"
I said" She doesn't. Now, if she comes in any harm's way in Mystic Falls, I assure you... it won't only be Niklaus you'll have as an enemy."
" She won't. We need to work together, I mean... Stefan and Damon disappearing the same time as your siblings, that can't be good."
" Alright."

Once I got Rue to agree to go to the boarding house, which was quite complicated since she always has deals up her sleeves when need be, she is her father's daughter. I held Rue on my back as I walked into the house, Her arms wrapped around my neck and her face hidden in my shoulder.
I said" Shall we find our missing people?"
They all turned to me and Rue, they nodded,
Tyler Lockwood said" How the hell are you going to fight if you have a kid clinging to your back?"
" She is only clinging to my back because she feels the need to protect herself from you."
" I thought Klaus would have-"
" Compelled her to forget of your existence? No, he wouldn't. Not his daughter."
We started trying to make a plan, but we had no clue on who had them, so we were out of luck. I looked at Rue as she traced shapes on my sleeve, she's getting nervous, she was quite the sensitive child. She could tell someone's emotions if she tried hard enough, she could feel the energy from someone.
I said" Rue, are you okay?"
She mumbled" I want daddy, Uncle Elijah."
" I know, and I promise I will get you to him as soon as I find him."
She looked at the wall," Who's Es-Ester?"
I looked to the wall and saw Ester written in blood," Elena, could you come out here?!"
Elena walked out, she said" What?" Then she saw the wall," Oh god."
" Rue, princess, go inside. I'll join you in a second." Rue looked at me before walking inside," If my mother does have them, that means she's up to something drastic."
" What does Stefan and Damon have to do with any of this?"
" I don't know, but it's probably not good."
" How long do we have?"
" When's the next celestial event?"
" The full moon's in two days."
" Then we have 2 days to find them and stop my mother."
" Okay." We walked inside, Rue walked to me and clambered onto my back again.
This was something Niklaus never wanted Rue to go through, now we have no choice but to bring her into this world fully.