Chapter 19

Klaus' POV
Once we arrived at their home, It was late, Rue had fallen asleep in my arms. I smiled at Kol, he smiled at me then got out, I lifted Rue into my arms and got out. We walked inside, Rebekah and Elijah walked to us, I placed Rue onto the couch then Rebekah hugged me, kissing my cheek. Elijah hugged me and smiled,
I said" How are my grandchildren?"
Elijah said" Great." He nodded upstairs, I followed him, he led me to a room, and I saw two young children, coloring on sheets of paper. He knocked on the door, the little girl looked up then the little boy. I smiled, then waved," Children, come meet your grandfather." They stood up, and walked over to us," Peter, Belle, this is Niklaus, your grandpa."
Peter and Belle said" Hi."
I said" Hey." I crouched down in front of them, smiling at them, they smiled back then looked up at Elijah.
" Where mommy?"
Elijah said" Downstairs..."
Rue said" Actually, right here." They ran to her and hugged her tightly, she hugged them back and she went to the ground, falling back with them. She kissed their heads," I missed you guys too." She kissed their heads and they crawled off her," Come'er." She lifted them in her arms and turned to me, she smiled," Dad, meet Peter and Belle Mikaelson. Peter, Belle meet your grandpa."
Peter said" Hi, papa." Rue smiled widely, then looked at me, I froze and then smiled.
I said" Hi."
Rue said" Babies, it's way pass your bed times, let's go to bed." She lifted Peter into the air and then put him into the bed. She kissed his head then done the same to Belle, before kissing her head. She turned out the lights and then we walked out, going downstairs.
Rue said" It's nearly 2am, what were they doing up?"
Elijah said" Well, darling, When have we ever listened to you?"
" Hey, Kol, you're staying next time."
Kol said" This is hilarious, you do realize... you would probably hate me, because they'd eat candy all the time and never sleep."
" Damn, Kol, why must you always be a child?" 
" Because I helped keep you sane as a child." I hit his chest, he laughed and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my head.
My dad said" Do you think they like me?"
I said" Yeah, dad. You can watch them tomorrow, get to know them, while we go into town."
" You're leaving me alone with them."
" Yes, I am. You'll be fine, if you need us then call."
" Alright."

I watched as Rue, Kol, Elijah, and Rebekah walked out the door and into the car. Once they drove away, Peter and Belle looked up at me, I crouched down. I said" So, what do you both usually do during the day?"
Belle said" Play."
" What do you usually play?"
Peter said" Belle plays with Aunty Bekah, I play with Uncle Kol."
" What do you do together?"
" Play outside."
" Want to play outside?"
" Yeah!" Then they both ran outside, I smiled, they are very much like their mother. I followed behind them and watched as they played at their little play set. I smiled as I saw they took after their mother in their imagination. Belle was swinging, while Peter was up on a tall tower, looking around.
He said" Papa, s'one coming." I stood up and followed his eyes to the road, and saw a car driving towards us, I breathed out, then looked at the children.
I said" Come here, Belle, Peter." They walked to me, and I picked them up, then sped them into the house. I closed the door, and locked it, then sped the kids into the farthest room I could get them to. I put them down, and crouched," Stay right here, and don't move. I'll be back soon."
Belle said" No, Papa! No!" She held my hand tightly,
" I'll be okay, darling, stay here." I gently took her hands off mine and got up, walking out of the room and closing the door. I walked to the door and opened it, the car pulled up and I knew it was instantly vampires. I sped to them, and they got out," Who are you and why are you here?"
One of them said" To collect the youngest Mikaelsons."
" Why?"
" You don't know? They're special."
" How?" They sped towards the house hold and then was stopped by the threshold barrier. I smirked then walked to them," It's not in my name, nor will you ever know who's name it is in." They hissed then attacked me, I growled and fought back, I bit their arms and they screamed in pain. I hissed," I'm Niklaus Mikaelson."
" The hybrid."
" Meaning That bite will kill you if you don't get it healed by my blood, which I will not give you." I smirked then they tried to get through the barrier again, but failed." You won't get through, so by all means, go ahead and try." Then another man came out of the car," Really?" He walked past me and then into the house, I hissed then sped inside. I pulled him away from the children's hiding spot then growled, the vampires laughed at me, then I was stabbed by a wooden stake. I hissed, then fell back, the man went towards the door and was about to open it. I growled, then pulled out the stake, I sped to the man and pulled away from the door and bit into his neck, tearing his head off. I dropped the body, then looked towards the door, the vampires were gone, the car as well. I fell to my knees, breathing heavily as I looked at the blood on me and the floor. I grabbed the phone from my pocket and called Rue,
She said" Yeah, dad?"
I said" You need to come here, right now."
" Why, what happened?"
" Just... Rue, get here now."
" Okay."

Once they arrived, Rue gasped, then said" Where's the kids?!"
I looked at the room, she ran to the room and went in.
Elijah said" What happened, brother?"
I said" Two vampires came, Peter saw them from his tower, I sped them inside and into a room. Then the vampires brought out a human, and he walked right past me, I didn't know. I tore off his head when he reached for the doorknob of the room the kids were hidden in."
Kol said" Rue's crying. I'll go check on them." He walked past me and into the room, closing the door,
" And the bastard son messes up again, but only this time, putting his very young grandchildren in danger."
Elijah said" You are our brother, you are her father and their grandfather. You haven't made a mistake, you done the right thing, you protected Peter and Belle."
" But, I've scared Rue to death, she'll never leave me alone with them again."
" She will, she trusts you."

Once we got the mess cleaned up, Rue and Kol walked out with sleeping kids in their arms. Rue gave Peter to Kol and he sped them up to their room, and came back down. Rue walked to me and her arms wrapped tightly around my neck as she dug her face into my chest, sniffling. I rubbed her back, shushing her gently,
I said" It's alright, Rue, I've got you."
She said" I'm going to find who threatened my children." She got out of my arms and walked to the door, opening it," Watch the kids, I'll be back in a few days, a week max, Elijah you know the rules." She started out the door, Kol sped in front of her, shaking his head." Move, Kol!" He shook his head, she pushed him, punching his chest," Move! Move! Dammit! Kol! Move out of the way! Let me out!"
He said" I can't do that, darling." She punched his chest, he just took it, she slowly stopped punching till she was just crying, holding onto Kol's shirt.