Chapter 10

Klaus' POV
I'm woken by the hyperactive 10 year old I call my daughter.
She screamed" Daddy, Wake up! Or.. 'M gonna murder Uncle Elijah!"
I said" Why should I worry again?"
" Hey! Come on! He's your brother! You care about him!"
" He's immortal, little one, he can't die, remember?"
" Oh, yeah..." she sniffed the air, then smiled," Pancakes! Bacon!" Then jumped off of me and ran downstairs, I chuckled, then stood up, getting dressed then walking downstairs. She was eating pancakes and bacon happily with Kol.
I said" Little one, you're not a wolf, how did you bloody smell that?"
She said" I know the smell of bacon, and If there's bacon, there's usually pancakes. See, Uncle Kol, I can do whatever you can do."
Kol said" No, you can't, Rue. Not everything."
" What else is there?"
I said" Is this still the feud from yesterday?" Kol nodded, looking at Rue, as she pouted," Rue, you can do whatever you dream of. But your Uncle Kol can do a few things you cannot, because he is a boy."
" Like what?" Kol stifled a laugh, before looking at me curiously and smiling.
I gulped," Uh... Like grow a bush on his armpit, and chest hair."
" Ew! It's good I can't do that then! Yuck!" I smirked at Kol, as he looked at me with a gaped mouth," Uncle Kol, you okay?"
Kol said" Yeah, Rue."
" Okay!" Then continued to eat her pancakes and bacon, I sat across from her and chuckled as I saw syrup on her nose. She tried to lick it off, but failed and wiped it with a napkin. She giggled as she saw Kol do a weird face in the spoon he was using, I chuckled at the 2 then Elijah walked down, he glanced at the 2 as they both made weird faces in the spoons.
He said" Do I-"
I said" No, brother." He nodded, then sat next to me,
Kol laughed, saying" Morning, Elijah, why don't you try to lift that frown?"
" Little brother, do you ever get tired of being a kid?"
" 'Course not, Nik. That just means I can have more fun with my adorable niece, isn't that right?"
Rue said" Yeah!"
" See that, Nik, that's fun."
I said" Of course. You and Rue, a true pairing." I smiled at Rue as she giggled and kissed Kol's cheek with syrup lips. Kol's face scrunched up as he turned to Rue and fake roared at her, she squeaked then jumped up and ran off. Kol chased after her swiftly, but not with vampire speed.

I was tackled by Rue, she laughed as I fell to the ground with her on my stomach. I said" Rue, want a 5 minute head start?"
She said" Hide&Seek or Tag?"
" Hide&Seek."
" Yes!" Then she took off running, I chuckled then waited 5 minutes before counting.
Once I hit zero, I walked down the hall and looked around, my head tilted as I picked up on her heart beat from the cupboard in the kitchen. I smiled then walked to the kitchen and opened the cupboard she was in, she squeaked as I lifted her out and held her up to my face. I said" Found you."
She said" That was too fast! Daddy! Stop cheating!"
" What are you talking about? I wasn't cheating."
" Yeah, you were."
" I would never."
" Yeah, you would!"
" Would not."
" Uncle Elijah!" Elijah was down here in a matter of seconds," Would my daddy cheat in games?"
Elijah said" Yes, of course, princess."
" He cheated!"
" Don't cheat, Niklaus, she'll catch you." Then he was gone, I smiled at Rue as she tried to pout at me but failed and laughed then I put her down.
I chuckled as Kol was tackled by the 10 year old, he groaned then wrapped his arms around her and swung her around the room till she couldn't breathe was laughing so much.
I said" Kol, don't kill her."
Kol said" I won't." He kissed her head then put her down and she wobbled a bit then grabbed onto his arms to support herself.
I chuckled," Princess, are you okay?"
She nodded, giggling then let go of him while smiling hugely. She ran off, Kol looked at me,
" Your kid's gone mad."
" I know."

Rue was in her room, after begging and pleading for Kol to watch a movie with her and he gave in. I was sitting on the couch with Elijah as we read books, then someone knocked on the door, I glanced at Elijah, he looked at me, then sighed. He stood up and walked to the door while I stayed put, after a few minutes,
I said" Elijah, who was it?"
Elijah said" Niklaus, come here." I walked to him and saw Lucien,
" Hello, Lucien."
He said" Nik, my old friend. How are you doing?"
" Swell."
" May I come in?"
" Yes." He walked in, Elijah looked at me shocked then walked away upstairs. I sighed then followed, hearing Lucien following behind me. Kol walked out of Rue's room, seeing Lucien and glaring instantly, Kol closed the door then looked at me.
He said" What the hell, Nik?"
I said" Be nice to our guest, Kol."
" No." then sped off, I sighed then looked at Elijah.
Elijah said" Now, I'll go check on Rue. You keep with Lucien."
Lucien said" Who's Rue? Is she cute?"
Kol came back and pinned him to the wall, pushing him up,
He sneered" Call my niece cute again and I'll tear your head off."
" Whoa, whoa. Who is she?"
" My niece. Nik's daughter, baby daughter to be exact! So call her cute again, and I'll rip your head off."
He dropped him,
I said" I wasn't going to stop him, he's right, call my daughter, 10 years of age, cute again, and I will personally rip your head off."
Lucien nodded, Then gulped, I heard Rue say" Daddy? Uncle Kol?" I turned around and saw her looking at us, curiously.
Kol said" Yes, princess?" He turned around and walked to her,
" Who's that?"
" Someone you'll never meet, now let's go watch that princess movie, yeah?"
" Okay." She turned around and walked back into her room, with Kol following behind her. His mood could change in a matter of seconds, he could be fuming but when she comes around, he's smiling and happy as usual.