12. TS. P A R T 2

I r o n M a n. p a r t 2

"Watcha listening to, kid" asked a familiar voice making her sigh in relief and and disappointment

"Watcha listening to, kid" asked a familiar voice making her sigh in relief and and disappointment. She tucked the gun deeper in her pocket and calmed her powers down.
She wouldn't want to blow the Stark-yet.

The window of the limo rolled down to reveal the tacky tinted glasses of none other than Tony Stark.

"Tin-Man" She addressed him with disinterest and boredom in her voice. Putting the headphones back on she turned around and kept walking until a hand grabbed her forearm. It was Stark.

"Touch me again and I'll burn your balls off then feed them to your fish"

"I don't have a fish"

"then your dog" Elli jerked her hand away in a simple motion. Being a superhuman had its perks.

"Where are you going?"

"Hell, they send their regards" he smacked his lips in fake amusement

"okay smartass, get in" before she could protest he uses his strength and forces her inside the limo.
"I don't appreciate being man-handled, asshole"
he scoffs clearly unimpressed "yeah well I don't appreciate bratty kids with big mouths I guess we are both outta luck"

she goes to take another smoke before he throws the cigarette out the window

"what the hell grandpa?!"

"Happy, drive" Tony tapped the drivers shoulder and turned sharply towards her.

"You know those can kill you right"

"like you care" resting her head against a window Elli rolls her eyes "plus it's not like I'd be the biggest loss this world could suffer"

Tony seemed awestruck at her bluntness, a kid as young as her shouldn't be talking like this. They should be enjoying life with their teenage friends, no one should have to carry this burden.

They spent the whole drive to the school in silence. Elli has no intentions of talking she was just here to pick up her brother and take him home before having to do another stupid mission saving and unsalable world.

"Elli" Little Scout shouts in excitement hugging his older sister and kissing her cheek.

"What's got you so upbeat bud"

"I learned something new today" his eyes shined
"Do tell" she led him to the limo sitting him down between Stark and her. "Do you know that when hippo's are upset their sweat turn red" he rambled unaware of the new setting. "No way!" She faked amazement.

With a photographic memory Elli already knew all this. "Well did you know that people can feel goosebumps after death" but she would never tell him that.

Stark looked at her weirdly, he knew she was lying but why. As soon as he heard little Scout laughing, his eyes shining in childlike wonder he knew why.

She wanted him to believe in magic, she wanted him to be better than her.

And like that the Stark and the Firecracker spent the whole ride filling the young boy's mind with false yet beautiful facts.
It was worth it.

Parking in their house Scout left the limo running to get done with his homework.

"Nerd" Elli scoffs as Tony laughs.
In the front yard of their crappy apartment Elli had decided that maybe the Stark wasn't so bad after all.

"Here" she gave him her secret stash of cigarettes hiding in her left pocket and opened a lollipop to suck on.

"Wha-?"

"Well someone once told me that those sweet babies can kill you" she laughed at his proud smile "shocking isn't " she sarcastically smiled.

"He sounds like an asshole"

"He is"