The Truth?

To say I woke up with a headache would have been an understatement. When I opened my eyes, I hissed because of the light in the room hurt so much. I don't think I have ever had a headache that has hurt this bad. Moaning, I got up, more like stumbled out of the cot I was laying in, and shut off the light across the room. Once the light was off, I sighed and walked back to my cot and laid down. "What the heck happened?" I asked out loud.

"Well," came a voice somewhere in the room that made my nearly jump out of my skin, "you passed out in the lunchroom."

I looked over in the far corner of the room and saw a shadow. I give it one guess to figure out who it is, I thought to myself.

The shadow stood up and walked over to the window and opened the curtains. He then turned around and winked at me. "So, how are you feeling Angel?"

"Lucifer? What the heck are you doing in here? How long have you been in here? Wait...how long have I been out?"

"Woah. One question at a time. How do you think you got here? You certainly didn't fly," Lucifer laughed dryly. "You have been out...let's see...lunch was around 12:15. You passed out at 12:21 and it is," he looked at the clock on the wall, "1:53. You've been out for about an hour and a half. So that answers your second and third question."

All of a sudden the nurse's door flew open and in ran Michael. "Raven! Oh my God! Are you okay?" Michael pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head and then my cheek. I just sat there, shocked, not knowing what to do. I don't ever remember a time where Michael has even come close to giving me a kiss anywhere. It was...just weird.

"Yes, lover boy," Lucifer said in an exasperated tone and rolled his eyes, "she is okay. Zaphara only used the lowest level of the verus propheta on her. Just something to help speed up the process, since the balance of the universe will rest in her hands in just under five days."

"Zaphara did what?!" Michael yelled. It seemed like the room temperature went down a couple of degrees.

"Guys!" I raised my voice. "I'm right here. What the heck happened?" Why is it that people always like to talk about me like I am not even in the room?

Michael sighed and glared at Lucifer. "Raven, there is something you need to know."

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's about...well...I should start from the beginning. Let's start with your parents," Michael sighed.

"Wait...Michael, what are you doing?" Lucifer asked. "Do you really think it is a good idea to tell her right now?"

"Sooner or later she'll find out. Especially since her birthday is coming up in about a week." Michael pointed out.

"I swear to Goodness, if either one of you say one more thing about me like I'm not here, I am going to kick you both and it will not be pretty," I glared at both of them and tapped my foot. "Now, you better tell me what the Hell is going on before you both get hurt."

Lucifer sighed and his head seemed to hang a bit. "Go ahead and tell her, Michael."

Michael shook his head. "No, brother, you tell her. You were there when her parents died."

"What?!" I yelled. It seemed like an invisible force of some sort blew me back as I fell on the cot.

Lucifer hissed and glared at Michael. "Great. There you go with your big mouth again." Lucifer sighed and walked over to my cot. "Can I sit down?" he asked as he sat next to me. I scoffed at him and scooted over so I wasn't touching him. Even though every time he is around me, I feel these feelings I cannot explain, something about him still seemed off. I can't explain it.