A Nap

I didn't know where I was headed and I really didn't care, as long as I was headed away from the school. Away from them. If I didn't know any better, I would say that those two were siblings, the way that they fought all the time. That couldn't be though, Micheal would've mentioned if he did.

After running for, I think it was ten minutes, I finally stopped. Just ahead of me, was a park. The park that ruined my life. The park that I have not been to since my parents died. I almost walked away, but I changed my mind. Even though I am having a crappy week, nothing can be worse than the week my parents died in this park. So, taking in a deep breath, I stepped on the ground park and headed to the bench by the tree they died by. As I walked across the park, I passed the playground I was on when they died.

I passed by the swing, the moment of that day started to play in my head. I looked at the swing where I was when I heard the gunshot. My dad had just been shot. I looked up, just in time to see him fall. That was when I jumped off the swing and was going to run over to him, when my mom shook her head, held her hand out, and stopped me in my tracks. I guess that was when she accepted her fate. I know I couldn't have made it over there, but I probably could've been there when she took her last breath.

I looked up and saw the tree where they were when they were shot. I never did see the guy who shot them. Two weeks after my parents were shot, it was on the news that their killer was caught. He was hiding out in an old warehouse. He was a druggy, which I guess is the reason he shot them, he was so jacked up on drugs that he decided to go and kill people.

I finally reached the bench by the tree. On the tree was a plaque that was dedicated to my parents. I read the plaque as I sat on the bench. Dedicated to Dominic and Patience Hunter (1990-2016). Forever in our hearts. Forever watching over us, even pass the grave.

God! I miss them so much! I only got six years with them, whereas most children get a lifetime with their parents. What I would give if I could see them once again. Just thinking about this made tears in my eyes. Trying not to cry, I closed my eyes, and tilted my head up towards the sun. It feels so good. I think I am going to take a nap.

---

As I opened my eyes, everything around me was so bright. I was at the park, but it was different...It was full of life. Little children were playing on the play grounds, and their parents were standing by the playground, talking to the adults next to them, while, eyeing their children.

"It's pretty. Isn't it?" a voice beside me asked, startling me.

I looked over, and sitting right next to me was a young woman, in what I guess was her early thirties. She had long, blond, straight hair. Her face had a gentle glow to it. When she smiled, her smile reached her blue eyes. Her face was flawless. When she turned her head, I got a brief glimpse of what looked like a tattoo of one angel wing.

I once knew someone who had a tattoo behind their left ear. I think I knew a couple of people. I just...I couldn't remember who..."Yes, it is pretty. Where am I?"

"You are in a place where no crime exist, harmony is all around and everything that once mattered in life, does not matter here. Some say heaven, some say nowhere, some say just a dream. It is all up to that person to determine where they actually are. You can call it whatever you want."

I stared at her form a moment and thought about what she said. Nothing that matters in life doesn't exist and matter here. Does that mean the problems between Lucifer and Micheal does not matter? I took a second and thought about that. It seemed like the more I thought about them, the more I really wasn't that worried. It was amazing because I seemed like I was at peace with everything. I smiled at that thought. It would be nice to live in a world where crime, problems, everything that a person goes through is nonexistent in this place.