The Alleyway

It was dark outside when I opened my eyes. Everything around was quiet. Not a single car was out. The quiet was kind of creepy. It would have been pitch black if it wasn't for the lamp lights that lined the sidewalks. I looked at my phone and it read 11:15 p.m. I I get up from the park bench, and start to walk home. Why didn't anyone wake me? I know that a bunch of people visits the park everyday, I thought to myself, as I passed a gas station.

Like always when I am alone, my mind starts to wonder. What the heck was that nap? Was that real? Did I really meet my mom? If so, where was Dad? Then I started to think about what she told me. Her reasons for why I am not normal. I mean, I know that normal in today's world does not really exist, especially among people. I guess one could say that my parents were angels because they believed that if they worked hard enough to help the community they could make it a better place. I guess the community was not ready for them which is why someone killed them.

Find the person with the same mark on their forearm as you and you'll find the person responsible for your parent's death. The probability of me finding a person with the same mark as I is very slim. I thought back to what happened at the school. Lucifer and Micheal were trying to convince me that Lucifer was the one who killed my parents. Besides, that happened to them happened a long time ago, that person would have to be about thirty or forty. See? There is another reason why Lucifer isn't the killer. He is only eighteen, nineteen at the most. But what if he really does collect souls to keep himself young, a voice in my head, inquired. That's impossible! Magic does not exist! I think to myself as I pass a church. When I get home, I am going to take a nice long shower, mediate, and forget this entire day even happened. Maybe, with some luck, I might forget about this day. Sighing I thought, I doubt it. I would need some miracle to make me-

I accidently step on my shoe lace and almost fall. Sighing, I bend down to tie my shoe. When I was tying my shoe, I heard a noise. I stayed crouched down, 'tying my other shoe' as I listened to the noise. It sounded like it was a little ways behind me because I could faintly hear it. It sounded like...breathing! There is someone behind me! Okay, Raven, do not panic. Just keep on going until you get to your house.

I stand up and continue walking. Maybe the person is walking home too. As I was walking I could hear their steps. I could tell they were trying to be quiet because their steps kind of fell into step with mine. I decided that I would walk for another minute before I start to worry.

When I passed the middle school, I could still hear that person behind me. Okay, Raven, now is the time to panic. Instead of making my usual left to get to my street, I made a right. I don't know why, but I just did. The person still continued to follow me but now their pace started to pick up a bit. Run! The voice in my head yelled and for once I actually obeyed. I, at first, started to jog then I picked up the speed and started to run. Whoever was behind me, was actually following me because they started to run too. Oh, shit!

Pushing myself as much as I could, I ran as fast as my body would allow me. I need to find somewhere to hide until they leave, I thought to myself. Thank goodness that I was a fast runner. I saw two buildings next to each other, up ahead and I took a left. I then went behind the trash can, crouched down, and hoped that my stalker did not see me.

Stupid Raven! Don't you ever read. This is so cliché! This is how people die, in dead end alleyways! I mentally kicked myself for not thinking straight. I could have kept running instead of going down this alley. No time to change my decision now, I thought to myself as I listened to the person's footsteps pass the alley and then recede.

I waited about ten minutes before I decided that the coast was clear. As I stood up, a hand grabbed a fistful of my hair and slammed me into the brick wall. I yelled out, as I hit the ground. I looked up to see the same guy who almost raped me in the alley way the other day. "Well, look who it is," the guy smirked as I looked up at him, putting a hand on my head where I hit the wall. "It's Lucifer's girlfriend. Say, where is your boyfriend now?"