I choose-

"Raven!" Micheal said, looking shocked. "Think about what you were about to do." 

I shook my head and looked at Lucifer, he was clearly upset that Micheal interrupted our kiss. Our kiss? We were going to kiss? 

"What are you doing here, Micheal?" Lucifer hissed and jumped off the bed. 

"I am here because Raven only has twenty minutes before the fate of the world is decided. I am also here because you kidnapped Raven. I have been searching for her everywhere." 

Lucifer scoffed. "You haven't been searching very hard then."

"You honestly thinking that entrancing Raven is going to make her love you any more?" 

"I can try. Besides, I am pretty sure that she loves me a lot more than she loves you," Lucifer spat. Micheal opened his mouth to say something but Lucifer continued. "I have always been there for her." Lucifer looked at me and said, "When you thought you were alone and nobody cared for you, I did. I was always watching over you." He turned back to Micheal and sneered. "I was there when she almost died twice! Where were you, because I know you weren't there to protect her. She was your assignment and I can safely say that if I wasn't there she wouldn't be here today. You are nothing but a failure." 

"That's it!" Micheal yelled. He closed his eyes and wings appeared on his back. My mouth dropped open when I saw Micheal's wings. They were so white and they had a beautiful blue tint around them. They were...amazing. "If I have to beat your ass, I will. If I have to kill you, I will." 

"Woah," Lucifer smiled, "The great Archangel Micheal Angelo just cussed and threatened to commit murder. Maybe you aren't all that holy." 

"Why you-" Micheal threw his hands in front of him and blue fire appeared. At that moment, Lucifer growled and his wings came out with a whoosh!  His hands caught aflame with regular fire. 

"Come at me, Micheal. I dare you. I would love to beat your ass again like I did seven and fifty three years ago." Lucifer took a step towards Micheal. 

Micheal raised right hand over his head and was about to throw a fire ball when I stepped in front of him. 

"Stop!" I yelled, stepping between them. I was not going to let them fight over me. I am not worth it and I am not going to let two ancient idiots break a hip or something over me. 

Growling, Micheal shoved me out of the way and I hit my head on the dresser. 

"Raven!" Lucifer yelled. He punched Micheal in the face and ran over to me. 

I stood up, holding the back of my head. With tears in my eyes, I took a deep breath. With a shaky voice, I said,"I honestly don't know why you two are doing this to me. I did not ask to be thrown in the middle of this. You two are part of something I will never understand, and I want no part of this. Every time I am around both of you, I end up getting hurt. Please, please leave me alone and let me live the rest of my life or what life I have, in peace." 

"Raven!" Both Micheal and Lucifer hollered at the same time. 

Ignoring them, I ran out of the room, and down the stairs. I no longer wanted to be part of any world. I do not want the fate of the world on my hands. Who would I choose anyways? No one! That's who. 

I ran to Lucifer's private study room and was surprised when the door opened. I guess he forgot to lock his door. I threw open the door to the portal and took a deep breath before I stepped through. 

Remembering what Lucifer said, I took quick, short breaths and counted. Five seconds later I opened my eyes to find myself in the alley way where everything seems to have started. 

It's weird when your life becomes complicated, you take time to think back to when it started to go wrong. For me, it was the day my parents died. The day that I was left alone, orphaned and unloved. The day that I met Lucifer, without knowing.

I looked up at the building. This is the same building that I kept dreaming about. Lucifer must have been the reason I kept having the same dream for ten years. Ten years I dreamt about falling off a building and ten years, it scared the crap out of me every time I had it. 

I have spent my entire afraid of change. But I am no longer going to let that stop me. I am going to-

"Raven!" Micheal yelled. 

I looked behind me and saw both him and Lucifer. "Go away!" I yelled. I did the first thing that popped in my mind and ran into the building. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I could hear both of them shouting behind me, telling me to slow down. 

When I reached the top of the stairs, I threw the door open and ran to the edge of the building. I knew I was afraid of heights but I am more afraid of having to choose the fate of the world. 

Lucifer and Micheal ran up behind me. "Raven, what are you doing?" Lucifer asked, worried. 

"Stay back! Both of you!" Tears were forming in my eyes. 

"Raven, please, stop," Micheal said. "We need you..." he trailed off. 

"You need me to what?" I asked. 

"We need you to choose. You only have a minute until your birthday. You have to choose between Lucifer or me." 

"No!" I cried. " I don't need to choose. I don't want to choose. How the Hell and I supposed to choose between someone I grew up with and someone I am destined to be with? How I am supposed to choose between Heaven and Hell? I can't." I shook my head. " I won't." 

I took a step back, inches from stepping off the edge of the building. The tears were now flowing, I knew what I was going to do. "I-I love you both," I cried. "Goodbye," I whispered as I allowed myself to fall backwards. 

"Raven!" They both yelled. 

This time, while falling, I was not afraid to die. I embrace it actually. As if my mind knew I was going to die, my life started to flash before my eyes. I saw when I was first born. I saw my first day of preschool. I saw my first injury. I saw my parents die. I saw when I first met Micheal. I saw growing up alone. I saw important events in my life. 

"Charity Raven Hunter, who do you choose?"  A voice, so heavenly asked. 

"God?" I cried. "Is that you?" 

"Yes, my  Empyrean, child." 

"God, when I die, please let me see my parents. I know I haven't been the best person, but please." I prayed. "Please, don't damn the world because I didn't want to choose between the most two important people in my life."

"Raven, this time has been predicted since the beginning of time. The fate of the world rests in your hands. So, Charity Raven Hunter, who do you choose?" 

As the ground came into view, I closed my eyes. I knew who I was going to choose way before this moment. I just kept denying myself. Well, no more. Taking a deep breath, I answered, "I choose-" 

-------

(1268 words) 

Started: 11/16/17
Ended: 11/16/17
Updated: 11/16/17