A day with Lucifer

After everything was over, I uncovered my ears. What the Hell did I just watch?  I asked myself, amazed. I have an idea of what went on, but just watching something, does not explain everything.

"Here you go brother," Zaphara smiled handing Lucifer the ball of twine. The ball was giving off a light blue light, and looked like it was pulsating. 

Lucifer took the ball, smiling. "Thank you, sister." He closed his eyes and held the ball in the hand with his bracelet. A light around Lucifer appeared. It took me a second to understand that he was absorbing the energy in the ball. About ten seconds later, the light in the ball was completely gone and Lucifer stopped glowing. 

Lucifer must have caught my puzzled look on my face because, when he handed the ball back to Zaphara, he smiled at me. "This process is how I stay so young. You see, Raven, I can do this who soul stealing, myself, but it is a rather long and messy process, if I say so.  With Zaphara here and her Soul Snatching Twine, all I have to worry about is taking the soul from the Twine." 

I nodded, still confused. "Interesting. Um, what are we doing today?"

"Let's go home." Lucifer wrapped his arm around my waste, and Zaphara held on to Lucifer's shoulder. "Whatever you do Angel, do not tense your body." 

"Wha-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because in that moment we were transported to the alleyway. Great. Back to this place. 

Lucifer whispered something and out of nowhere, the portal form earlier, showed up. "This," Lucifer started, " is the portal that connects Heaven, Hell, and Earth. We're obviously going to Hell." Lucifer laughed and then added, "I'm dragging you back to Hell." He picked me up in a bridal style and whispered in my ear, "Whatever you do, do not forget to breathe. Just take small breaths, though." 

I was going to protest, but decided against it. I nodded and closed my eyes. He stepped into the portal, and remembering what Lucifer said, I took small breaths. My lungs were starting to burn. It was like someone was sitting on my chest and I could only get a small amount of air to my lungs. As soon as it started, it ended. 

Lucifer set me down, when we touched Hell's ground. "Okay, now. To have some real fun. I am going to show you the real meaning of a good time."  

Gulping, I thought, Raven, you had to scream.

----

"Oh my Gosh!" I laughed, panting on the bed. I was completely out of breath. 

"I told you that I would show you the meaning of a good time, didn't I? What a fun event to end the day. Would you say that this is the best before birthday present?" Lucifer winked and tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear. 

"Yes." I nodded. "You were right. That was fun. Thank you for such a good time. Who knew messing with Cerberus would be so fun," I laughed. 

Lucifer had insisted on doing all of his favorite activities in Hell, minus his favorite hobby (which is torturing souls). We spent about an hour touring the hospitals he had built,  spent another hour or so touring his house. He explained to me a brief history of all the art in the house (which was boring but I did not tell him that).

We even went back to earth for a few hours, scaring the people. Who knew that people were so easy to scare. We messed with a whole bunch of people. My favorite person we messed with was Mr. Johnson, my Pre-Calculus teacher. Let's just say that when school started, he didn't believe in the supernatural, and now he does. We made his hat 'float' and  Lucifer even made his float a bit off the ground. We spent a good time on Earth doing this to random people in the park. 

When we returned back to Hell, Lucifer decided to introduce me to his pet dog: Cerberus. We basically got his so riled up that Lucifer almost got his arm bit off. I know that may not seem funny, but Lucifer kept floating Cerberus, and like me, the dog had a fear of heights. Once he got back off the ground, after I told Lucifer to put him down, the dog let out the biggest growl ever, rocking the room. Then he took off and chased us. There was a hidden passage way that led from Cerberus's 'room' to Lucifer's room. The doorway to Lucifer's room was too small for Cerberus, so we were able to make it away from him, alive. 

I sat up on the bed and faced Lucifer, propping my head up with my hand. "I hate to admit it but I actually did enjoy your...company," I whispered the last part. I was embarrassed to say this, but it was true. I honestly did enjoy his company. It was pretty pleasant and not scary, at all. 

A smile formed on his face and he leaned in to me. "What was that Angel? You are going to have to speak up. I didn't quite catch that." 

Rolling my eyes, I leaned in closer so he could hear. "I enjoyed your company." A smile slightly formed on my lips, I bit the corner of my lip and closed my eyes. 

Spending all the time I did with Lucifer, today, really gave me a new insight to him. Why he was damned to Hell for eternity, still amazes me. He is honestly a really good guy. Raven, he is actually a guy who tortures a guy for a living. He is just being nice to you because he wants you to choose him. Don't fall for him. But he is so nice. He would never hurt me.

Shaking my head, I stopped thinking and opened my eyes. Lucifer was just inches from my face, looking at my lips. Was he asking for permission? I don't know. Should I let him? Should I punch him? Why am I not moving away from him? Maybe he is not that bad of a person. Would it be so horrible to spend eternity down here? 

"Raven," Lucifer whispered, "can I kiss you?" 

My eyes widened with his question. Why is he asking permission? Doesn't he usually just take what he wants? 

"Yes, you can," I barely whisper, smiling. My heart was racing, I have never kissed anybody and I was extremely nervous. 

Lucifer leaned in closer to me. I closed my eyes and waited for him to kiss. I had a really good feeling coursing through my body. Out of the blue, a voice sounded in the room, interrupting us. 

"Stop!"

I looked at the person and gasped. "Micheal?"

---

(1143 words)

Started: 11/14/17
Ended: 11/14/17
Updated: 11/14/17

---

So, I actually already started on this chapter before but my computer reset and I completely lost it all when my computer reset. So here we are, with a totally new chapter and a totally new pathway of the chapter. 

What do you all think about this chapter. I know that there was a spot, after they returned to Hell where the scene I wrote seemed like they just finished...have fun. I made it like that on purpose. Also, what about when Lucifer and Raven almost kissed. I want to know how many people actually thought they were going to do it? 

I want to remind you all that the next and final chapter will be set to private. This means that you are going to have to follow me in order to view it.

Since it will be the final chapter of the book, it is going to end in a way you are not going to expect. I have a feeling that more than half of you will hate me, but it is okay. You all will survive. I promise. 

Good news is that I know how I am going to start the next book (yes, there is going to be another book) and I am so excited. I already have a cover made up for the next book and I am so proud of it. 

After the finale I will be posting an author's note. Then I will have a chapter dedicated to just your questions and answers. So, if you have a question about the book and you want to ask it, please ask away. It will show in this book. Now, if you wish to remain anonymous, please let me know. 

---

Only 19351 reads until this books reaches its goal. I am so excited. 

---

Love, 

Mama Rivers