Bogo Sipda

It reminded of that time when he just moved to Florida. I was 5, playing outside when I heard someone crying behind a tree. I went to go see what it was and there he was, Jun. We talked for a while and he told me about how he just moved here from China and he missed his old friends. He spoke in broken English and Cantonese. (Thank god my mom taught me some Cantonese back then)

After our chit-chat, I promised him that I'd be his best friend. And it was like that for 10 years. But our glory days are over now. Every day, I wish that I could turn back time and re-live those memories over and over again.

Maybe I should help him

Maybe,  If I did that, we could go back to how we were before. Before we grew up, started dating others, before, when everything was ok.... Actually, It doesn't matter if I missed him or not, I just don't want him to be hurt anymore.

I can't believe I'm changing
my mind like this

"Can we step outside?",Jun asked me. "Ok", I replied,  snapping out of my thoughts.  "Jun, I think-", I started to say once we were outside, but he interrupted me,

"Please? Please! Arin I miss you so much I can't ignore you forever. I'm sorry I tried to. I want you back. I need you. We were best friends for ten years and I'm sorry I neglected that. I don't care if you help me or not, just- please,

Can we be friends again?"

What?
He misses me?
He wants me?
He needs me?

Trying to process what he had just said, my vision became clouded. My mind went blank. Words can't explain how I feel right now. I hugged him and he was surprised but hugged me back immediately. "Is that a yes?" I nodded my head and sniffled,"Mingyu's gonna be mad." "We're just friends, he'll understand.", Jun said. While we were going back inside, a forbidden thought popped into my head.

But what if we become more...?

Once we came back inside, Mingyu stepped away from Jihyo and grabbed me and whispered, "What were you guys doing?", I could hear a slight pang of jealousy in his voice. "We made up.", I said. It still feels so surreal...

Mingyu P.O.V.

This was it. It's over. Anyone that knew Arin knew that Jun was the person she had liked the most- ever. Now that they're together, there was no more space for me. I'll eventually just drift away from the picture.  I love Arin too much to take Jun away from her.

What do I do?

But I knew exactly what I'd have to do, and I was gonna do it.

She'll forget me anyway...

Back to Arin's P.O.V.

For the rest of the party, Mingyu seemed... gloomy? He wasn't talking much or doing anything. Is he mad that me and Jun are friends now? He's not that type of guy though... Eh, It's probably just me.

PARTY'S OVER; MINGYU'S DRIVING
HER HOME

"Sooo....", Mingyu began. "So what?", I asked. He inhaled deeply,"Wanna go out Friday?". "Why not tomorrow?" He scratched his head. "Uhh, I have work tomorrow,  and I need to a Ming Dynasty project for history..." "They still make you guys do that stuff?", I asked suspiciously. "Yep."
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Once we got to my door, he gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "I'm happy you guys are fri- friends again." I smiled but then I realized that his voice cracked. I pulled away from him, holding his shoulders and looking into his eyes.

"Are you about to cry?"

"N-no...", he said as a tear slipped from his clouded eyes. He was about to turn around when I grabbed his hand and dragged him into my house. "Arin, my parents will be worried about m-", he objected. But before he could, we were in my room with my mouth intertwined with his.

After I pulled away from the minute-long kiss, I wanted to get to the point.

"Do you not want me and Jun to be friends?"

"I...I...", He was about to say something and it looked serious... "What? What's wrong?, I asked, not being able to suppress my curiosity. I had a bad feeling in my gut...

Mingyu P.O.V.

I love her so much. Arin, I love her so much but, she doesn't love me. It shows in her eyes. Even once we started dating, I knew she never really liked me but I still dated her. It was a naive move I guess because now, the thought of ending it with her hurts much more than it used to. But I know that it's for the best. I'm only a burden to her now. So... I have to do it. I held back a sob and tried my utmost hardest to say,

"I think we should see other people."