Pinwheel

The tears lasted for a while until 2:00 p.m. Why were my friends acting like this? I thought me and Mingyu had ended on good terms? What's happening!?

This is just like what happened last night. I'm on my bed, questioning whether I should live in pain, or die of shame.

Everything is coming back

around just like a

Pinwheel

When will it end? Why did this happen to me?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Whatever

I guess I should just finish my homework and go on with my life. I'd just have to make a whole new friend group. Or... I can live my high school years alone in agony. I think I'll choose the first option.

[TIME SKIP- IT'S TOMORROW (MONDAY) AND ARIN'S WALKING TO SCHOOL (9:18)]

This felt so strange. I'm usually walking to school with Jennie or Jihyo since they live just a few blocks from me. But nope. I'm here walking alone in the cold. This Friday would be the start of winter break, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Evidently, I'll probably spend it alone or with my family since it's the holiday season. It'll be really boring.

When I got to my first class, I was invited to the awkward stare of Dahyun, my seatmate, and Dokyeum, who sat behind me. I just rolled my eyes and sat in my seat, getting my supplies out without sparing a glance at them. I was still pissed.

[TIME SKIP- LUNCH (12:46 p.m.)]

After I got my lunch, I looked for a place to sit. I mean, I can't sit with Seventeen or my ex-besties, so I decided to sit next to 'the nerds' of the school. I think their names were B.M.(the hot nerd), J.Seph(the sensible nerd), Somin(The prodigy nerd), and Jiwoo(the cute nerd). The nerds at our school were lit, in my opinion. But no one else thought so, so they sit alone together.

(A/N- Yes, I do mean K.A.R.D. ^.^)

I made my way to the table and asked,"Can I sit here?". They all looked a bit shocked but nonetheless agreed. We all talked about ourselves and each other until Somin asked me,"Don't you usually hang out with Seventeen and those other girls?". I was shocked that she noticed but then realized that they are kinda the popular kids so it might be a given. 

"Well, we got into a fight and now they won't interact with me." They all nodded in sympathy. I should change the subject... "So... you all said that your good at math right? We should have a study date sometime." This time, they were even more shocked. "Oh wow. That's so cool of you to ask us! But... we usually study in pairs, so do you mind bringing a plus one?", Jiwoo said. She looked really excited so I couldn't help it. 

"Sure. How about Friday at 3 p.m. since we have an early release?". They all nodded at my request. We exchanged numbers and went our own ways once lunch finished. Looks like I made some new friends. I smiled to myself, despite the hint of sadness I felt at the thought of losing my old ones. I miss them already.

On my way home, I felt someone tap on my shoulder. Once I turned around I felt happy, sad, betrayed, and loved at the same time. Jennie. I looked at her, debating whether I should hug her or walk away. I quickly made up my mind when she hugged me and I hugged her back. "I'm so sorry. I can't ignore you. I didn't know they'd be so harsh", she cried. "I-it's okay. Do you think they meant it?", I asked. "Of course they didn't! We were talking about it at lunch. Soonyoung and Roseanne really regret it.", she replied. "Wow... I-...I can't believe it..."