Chapter 3

My vision was blurry when I came back to consciousness for the second time. Two individuals i had never seen before were standing in front of me, their backs turned so that all i could see were their white uniforms. I guessed they were talking about me among their quiet chatter.

I painfully attempted to turn my head so that i could have a better look at where exactly i was. My eyes traveled from the brightly lit ceiling to the padded material of the walls and floor and that's when i noticed i wasn't in a hospital room. The realization hit me like a pile of bricks as my blood turned ice cold. It was an asylum.

"No!" I shouted and began trying to free myself from the strap that was pinning me down into the bed, causing the nurses to immediately turn their attention to me and drop their papers onto the ground.

"Sweetie calm down it's okay, you're in good hands now." She caressed my face but I pulled away from her cold touch.

"Let me out of here now! I'm not crazy! I know what I saw and even if you don't believe me, staying here is the last thing i'm going to do!" I yelled at the middle aged woman.

"This thing tried to kill me-" I tried to forget the image but it came back anyway.

"No! Leave me alone, please!" I started to kick the air,barley missing one of the nurses as hot tears began to stream down my cheeks.

The lady on the right side of my bed immediately called in another nurse who rushed into the room, she was carrying a syringe with some sort of substance in it. She injected the fluid into my thigh in one quick movement, like she had done this a hundred times before. It all happened too fast for me to process what was happening but i recognized the drowsiness that automatically swept over me. Thorazine.

~

I pretty much dozed off for the rest of the day, coming in and out of consciousness a few times but never enough to fully stay awake. That is until i felt the medication had worn off and i was finally able to fixate my alertness on my current situation. There was a nurse taking notes on a clipboard in the freezing cold room.

"Let me out of here, please." I croaked, my voice was dry and damaged due to all of my previous yelling.

"Can't do that, this is an asylum where we treat the mentally ill." She replied dully, not bothering to remove her eyes from the clipboard in her hand.

"I'm not mentally ill! I'm perfectly fine! Don't you understand that I almost got killed with an ax?" I explained the encounter at school, earning a frown from the nurse who had been listening in silence.

"What injury?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. I sighed in annoyance. I tried lifting my head from the flat metallic bed in order for her to have a look.

"Do you see it? You guys treated it when I got in the ambulance truck earlier." I recalled.

She just shook her head in sorrow and patted my hand in a motherly manner, like i was a child. She didn't bother trying to listen to me.

"Stop treating me like that! I'm not crazy, i swear i know what I saw!"

The nurse got up from the steel chair she had been seated on and walked out of the room, leaving me to my thoughts. I heard the door lock after she closed it. I began crying,hot pouring tears. There was no way i was getting out of this place.