Chapter 12

Along the way, the woman kept trying to start a conversation with me.

"Honey, are you feeling okay?" She asked while looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Oh, yeah i'm perfectly fine, why?" I tried to play it off cool but in reality i was screaming with fear inside. None of this was normal.

She sighed and shrugged. "Oh, I don't know you seem a little different today, quieter than usual." She simply replied before falling back into silence.

Just then, we came to a stop. We parked in the driveway of a ceremony. A bunch of people dressed in black were sitting down on chairs along the grass. There was a stage in the front and a case in the front as well. I gulped as the realization hit me.

 This was a funeral. The woman got out of the car and took my hand while getting to the gathering. I recognized the people in at the gathering, they were family friends. I forced a smile, trying to hide the panic and confusion that was settling in. I departed from the crowd and walked up to the casket. I was beyond frightened at what I would find laying underneath. I looked around to see if anybody was watching me. They were all gathered in a big group talking and socializing.This was my chance.

I opened the hood of the case and gasped in horror. It was me. I really was dead. I was now reincarnated as somebody else. A rich girl with a mansion as a house.

My tears ran down my face and onto my dead body. I felt my face, my hair, my arms. I read the plate on the top of the casket. Elizabeth Stairwell, 16 years old. Cause of death: driven insane by madness and committed suicide. My fingers trembled and i peered at my chest. The knife marks on my dead body were caused by me. I killed myself. I was the monster after all. My vision was fogged with tears but when I turned around, I swear I saw the black hooded demon, hiding behind one of the trees, staring at me. 

"Goodbye, Elizabeth. "

Its last words echoed through my head and there I was, crying at a funeral right next to my own dead body.

THE END.