Chapter 9

Before I knew it, I was standing before two police officers telling them everything that had happened. They would occasionally exchange looks with each other and it got me mad. Really mad. After telling them the whole story, they nodded and took me into custody.

"We're gonna have a ride downtown to the police department where we'll gather more information, the truth." He said.
I growled. The truth. I told him the truth. But something inside me knew well enough that they wouldn't believe me. They'll think i was crazy and blame me for everything. They'll think I killed everyone that works in the Asylum.

We exited the building and I instantly felt like i walked into paradise.

The cold night breeze rushed past my face and I closed my eyes to savor the moment. The cop led me into the back of his car and closed the door behind me. We drove for about an hour and I fell asleep meanwhile. I realized that I haven't slept for a while and after everything that happened I was pretty shaken up and furious at everybody in my life right now. I had nobody. Nobody to believe me or take my side. But I couldn't help stopping that feeling of relief. Relief that these cops showed up taking me from that prison.

I woke up when the car stopped. I rubbed my eyes and yawned while glancing through the window that displayed the dark night sky outside. I must have dozed off for about an hour or two. We were parked on an abandoned street.

"Hey where are-" I looked at the two front seats.
The two cops were dead.

Both of their heads were thrown back against the car seats, exposing the huge slashes sliced across their necks as dark red blood oozed out of the wounds.

I screamed and pounded on the window to get out. The doors were locked and the bar screen was separating the cops from me so i couldn't lean forward to unlock the car or grab the keys. I kicked the door but it wouldn't budge. Suddenly, the car started to move. It turned around, back to where we came from and I knew what was going on. The demon. It was taking me back. Back to the Asylum.