Chapter 4

I shivered due to the freezing cold air that was hugging the tip of nose and knees. How did she not see the open wound that was on the back of my head? They treated it when they put me in the ambulance, it just didn't make sense. I was raging with anger. 

Why was I even here? Why does nobody believe me and where was Anabelle and my mother? I peered around the room, hoping to find some answers but all I could see was the white cushions on the wall. I felt like some sort of animal that they carelessly thrown into a cage. Away from its family. I suddenly felt a rage towards my mom, for thinking I was crazy as well. She took me from the killer. How else did I wake up at home earlier? Things weren't adding up. Then I remembered the birds chirping while the paramedics took me into their truck. The sun. It was morning. I laid there quietly and confused for a minute. Why was it morning? I could have sworn it was afternoon when the incident happened at school. It's as if it never happened.

My back felt stiff and it was killing me, the bed i was in had to be made out of some sort of metal. Just then, the door creaked open. I squinted my eyes in its direction hoping for it to be a nurse that would take me somewhere else. Instead, no one was in sight. I closed my eyes and plopped my head back down when it creaked again.

"Hello?" I asked, waiting for somebody to show themselves.

As if on cue, the exact same gut wrenching feeling that i got back when the killer was chasing me tugged at my head. I nervously shut my eyes, telling myself everything was going to be fine and that i was just imagining the whole scenario. I was probably still dreaming for all i knew, i was just in some sick nightmare that didn't want to end yet. Then the same voice from earlier came piercing through my ears like a bell tower, it was the worst sound i had ever heard.

"Don't even bother trying my young one, no one can save you. They don't even believe you. "
It let out a pleased chuckle. "They think you're crazy, mentally ill."  

That last two words struck a nerve, it was mocking me by repeating what one of the nurses had said.

"No, I'm not crazy. Why don't they see the wound in my head, why are they acting like it never happened?!" I was desperate for answers and this entity seemed to be the only one who could fill in all the blanks.

"Because they only see what I want them to see." 

My throat went dry at the statement.

"What do you mean?" I asked, to anybody that might have been in the hallway, i would've appeared crazy just laying in this room talking to myself.

"Whatever you see, they won't. You know why? Because i'm in control of you and what you see. They'll keep thinking your crazy as long as i'm around." 

I was boiling with fury.

 "Why!? Why are you doing this to me when i never did anything to you?!" I screamed until i couldn't anymore.