Chapter 10

"Stop the car!" I yelled, pulling on the bars as hard as i could until it finally broke off. I banged it against the vehicle's window and the glass shattered into tiny pieces.
I leaped out of the moving car without hesitation and landed on the sandy road. Blood was dripping from the scrapes along my pale arms and legs but I didn't have time to wince at the pain.I frantically looked around at where i was. The street was deserted and not a single body was in sight. I looked up at the full moon and ran for dear life. There's nothing scarier than running for your life in the middle of nowhere and not knowing what lies ahead of you. The car was nowhere to be seen and I had a feeling I outsmarted the demon. Sweat was pouring down from my forehead and I came to a stop as soon as I saw what i had been dreading.
Right up ahead of me, two stories high, stood the Asylum. I landed on the floor, crying in disbelief. How could this be?
The Asylum was in the other direction. It's was my own hell with no way out. No matter where i went, i was led back to the damn place.

I yelled in agonizing pain,i was like someone was stabbing a knife right into my heart and pulling it out slowly. Then the demon came.
"Silly silly girl, You thought you could run away? How cute, there's no escape. You're here forever. "
I choked up a few words.

"What- what do you mean forever?" I asked while trying to breathe on the cold sandy ground.

"Spirits don't ever leave the place in which they died. "

A wave of confusion hit me and I couldn't process what the demon was saying.

"I'm not a spirit." I stammered.

"Yes you are foolish girl. I will show you the truth now, it's time."
It picked me up from the ground,levitating me into the Asylum.

"I don't want to go back!" I kicked at the air but it kept moving me forward. I felt helpless and weak. We went farther into the hallway until we were at the end. It was the door where my sister's dead body was.

"I'm not going in there!" I cried.

"Yes you are, if you want to know the truth and end this madness, you must go in. " Its voice ordered.

The pad on the wall opened and I knew what I had to do. I put in the code that i memorized from the doctor earlier, fingers trembling as they hovered over the numbers that i had just entered.

3714.

The doors opened and the fog hugged my skin as I slowly walked in.