Chapter 7

After cutting off the straps of her wrists and ankles, the girl quickly sat up and grinned. I looked back at the door in fear of a guard barging in at any second and taking me back to my room. Turning back to the girl, i realized that she was gone from the bed. My heart skipped a beat at her sudden disappearance.

Where did she go? I spun around to find her breathing down my neck. I jumped back.

"Shit! You scared the hell out of me!" My heart was hammering against my chest as i hissed at her.

She laughed , bringing her hands to her stomach as she did so.

I watched in discomfort as the clearly not so stable female regained her composure.

"Did you escape?" She asked, eyes bouncing from my gown to the patient ID bracelet which was still hugging my wrist.

"I did." My grip on the medal rod hardened. I realized it was stained with blood from the security guards i had attacked.

Without giving me any time to react, the girl yanked the rod from my hand and put me in a headlock that began to cut off my circulation. It all happened too fast that I couldn't process it. I waved around, struggling to break free but she held me tighter. I could feel my lungs losing oxygen.

She ran out of the room with me still in a headlock and stood in the middle of the hallway. All of the nurses and security guards stopped to look at the scene. She giggled loudly.

"If you want her, you gotta let me go." She taunted. "If you try anything, she dies."

I scratched at her arms, digging my nails deep into her skin so that she would loosen her hold on me. This girl was crazy, i shouldn't have helped her.

The guards stood still as if working out a plan in their heads. I then shoved my nails into her eyes, causing her to let out a scream in pain. She let go of me and swung the metal rod, almost crashing into my face. I jumped out of the way and ran away from the commotion. The guards chased the girl down and took the weapon. They roughly picked her up and locked her back in the room, her shrieking echoing through the hall. I turned around to find Dr. Rodriguez. He transformed into the figure from my nightmares. Panic shot throughout my body and i sped away from him.

"I told you Elizabeth, you can not escape, i will always be here. " Its voice wouldn't leave me alone. It was messing with my head, i needed it to stop.

I jumped over the main desk and ran into a different section of the Asylum. I was sweating and panting like never before. I made my way into a cafeteria and shut the doors, locking them to buy me some time .

The place was empty, except for the red lunch tables and the kitchen at the front. Then i spotted the windows. A sign of hope. I jumped on one of the tables and without thinking twice, leaped onto the ledge right under the long narrow window that let moonlight shine through the cafeteria. I took one of the chairs and slammed it against the window, sending glass shatter across the floor. I leaped through the window expecting to land on the cold grass of night, but instead I bounced right back and fell on my rear end.